Trusted Contributor

I love my PK, (portable kitchen) smoker/oven/grill. It's made of aluminum and is built in Arkansas. It is bullet-proof and will last a lifetime. It's portable, too. Best charcoal device IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

DH prefers Santa Maria bar b quer (charcoal in deep box with grate that can be raised or lowered).  Basically a Central Coast specialty, even some CA Costcos sell them.

Esteemed Contributor

Our grill is propane. To me it doesn't matter. But, we have not had it out for 2 years. We have used the foreman grill the past 2 years for just us. Much less of a pain even though I like outdoor grilled food. Anyway, my daughter has us over from time to time in the warm weather, and my son in law grills up a storm.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@Lacey1 wrote:

I love my PK, (portable kitchen) smoker/oven/grill. It's made of aluminum and is built in Arkansas. It is bullet-proof and will last a lifetime. It's portable, too. Best charcoal device IMO.

Has someone taken out a contract against your grill?

Honored Contributor

either

Trusted Contributor

I've had plenty of mower-propelled rocks, footballs etc., whack off the grill. Bullet proof is good!

Honored Contributor

To me, there is nothing that beats the taste of food cooked on a charcoal grill, especially steak.

However, for convenience, a gas grill definitely is the ticket.

I've had food from a charcoal grill that tastes like the lighter fluid because someone put too much on, then got impatient and started cooking too soon before that fluid could burn off.    

Trusted Contributor

Diva, nothing worse than charcoal lighter fluid! My heighbor likes to grill with her Weber, and she uses a gallon of it! The fumes really carry.  I use a charcoal chimney and paper to start the coals.  I like to use soaked, apple wood for smoke-I get the wood from trimming my apple tree. The apples are pretty crummy, so at least I can use the branches!

Honored Contributor

I like the ease of gas, but love the taste of Charcoal, however I bought my husband an electric grill a few months ago and we love it-very easy to use and the food tastes great and meat is so tender-he loves it and clean up is super easy as well.......I purchased it from QVC-its the Masterbuilt.....Love it!