Valued Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Love4cats wrote:

@bewise wrote:

Yes,gas prices are very high,but look at all the people who buy the expensive coffee,at all those places! That is more crazy.

Really, are you kidding me!!! Not that it is anyone business, but I drink my coffee at home, BUT if now and then I wanted a coffee while on the road I would have one. Drinking an expensive coffee has nothing to do with the price of gas.

You obviously have the money and need not be concerned with putting a roof over your head or food on the table.  Gas prices affect each and every item in the economy.  Many people are hurting and it is getting worse.....enjoy your Starbucks.

How dare you say that to me. My DH and I have worked all of our life to provide for ourselve's. We are certainly NOT rich by any mean's. I am 65 and my husband is 70 and has cancer but we can't afford to retire. Keep your opinion about me to yourself. YOU DON"T KNOW ME!!!!!!!!! 

Honored Contributor

I'm wondering what kind of price controls you guys want to see implemented here. Honestly. Who would implement them and how?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

I'll be! How the he!! did this get to what some decide to pay for a cup of Joe? I drink instant and it's a pretty frugal choice. My wife however does not, her money her choice. Are we rich?

He!! no. 🍵

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Love4cats wrote:

@bewise wrote:

Yes,gas prices are very high,but look at all the people who buy the expensive coffee,at all those places! That is more crazy.

Really, are you kidding me!!! Not that it is anyone business, but I drink my coffee at home, BUT if now and then I wanted a coffee while on the road I would have one. Drinking an expensive coffee has nothing to do with the price of gas.

You obviously have the money and need not be concerned with putting a roof over your head or food on the table.  Gas prices affect each and every item in the economy.  Many people are hurting and it is getting worse.....enjoy your Starbucks.

OH god, I just saw that YOU, CRAZYDAISY was the one who made the nasty remark, Should have known. You are a very nasty person!!!!!!!!!!!!You must be a very miserable human being!!!! SAD!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Love4cats wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Love4cats wrote:

@bewise wrote:

OH god, I just saw that YOU, CRAZYDAISY was the one who made the nasty remark, Should have known. You are a very nasty person!!!!!!!!!!!!You must be a very miserable human being!!!! SAD!!!!

She was VERY RUDE and NASTY to you. Consider the source. She is the one with a PROBLEM.

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

I do very little driving these days. If we're looking for whom to blame, there is plenty of culpability to go around. The prices of gas and oil are set inrternationally. Sure, there's price gouging too but no one country or individual holds all the cards. 

@Vivian 

Prices are set Internationally? Will leave that part for others to ponder.

This I do know, it is "supply versus demand"! I also know gas prices coincide with the price of a barrel of oil.

A couple years ago a barrel of oil was as low as $42 per barrel. Now I have heard as high as $110 per barrel. Why? Back to "supply and demand". If you think supply is the same as 2 years ago? You haven't been paying attention.

Why the difference in supply now? That information is very easy to find if you are interested. "No one country or individual holds all the cards"!

Again, 1 country can hold all the cards if that country produces enough oil and gas to supply their whole country. Wasn't that long ago when a certain country did just that!

hckynut(john)🥅🏒  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

If anyone thinks the price of gas doesn't affect them because they don't drive, think again.  

I was shocked at the price I paid Uber to get from the Tampa airport to a house, at 11:00 at night with no traffic.  It took 15 minutes.   Then the following morning I went from the house to the cruise port and then 5 days later from the cruise port back to the airport.  Every ride was no more than a 15 minute ride and I paid on average $60.00, not including a tip.      

Respected Contributor

I'm just LOL.  I haven't read all the posts but are people really arguing about someone buying a cup of coffee?Smiley SurprisedSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

I have a wise friend that once said, "They don't pay my mortgage."  In other words, no one's business what someone spends their money on.

Esteemed Contributor

@RainyDayGal wrote:

I'm just LOL.  I haven't read all the posts but are people really arguing about someone buying a cup of coffee?Smiley SurprisedSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

I have a wise friend that once said, "They don't pay my mortgage."  In other words, no one's business what someone spends their money on.

Don't see arguing, just a few people taking offense to people pointing out that buying  the expensive coffee is a luxury that is becoming out of reach for many because of rising gas prices.  Something that effects everything on the economy and is causing problems for many.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

If anyone thinks the price of gas doesn't affect them because they don't drive, think again.  

I was shocked at the price I paid Uber to get from the Tampa airport to a house, at 11:00 at night with no traffic.  It took 15 minutes.   Then the following morning I went from the house to the cruise port and then 5 days later from the cruise port back to the airport.  Every ride was no more than a 15 minute ride and I paid on average $60.00, not including a tip.   

On Monday I had to go to the hospital for a day of pre-op testing for next week...I can no longer drive and DH's mind isn't 100%..

I would not let him spend 7 hrs. sitting the car waiting for me in the parking lot..even if he was 100%.

I called one of our local cab companies..the trip was 58 miles each way..I paid $120 each way plus a tip each way!..I guess I won't be able to afford hamburgers this week!

Everything is so out of control it's scary. We all need to do what we have to do sometimes no matter the price.