Respected Contributor

@Sage04 Well youve heard the old saying,what goes up,must come down.Wonder if that will be the case with gas and food?

Respected Contributor

3/17/2022

CNBC: Amazon Flex drivers hit by surging gas prices demand relief after Uber, Lyft offer help to workers

• Amazon Flex drivers are urging the company to increase pay rates as skyrocketing gas prices eat into their earnings.
  • On Wednesday, Flex drivers gathered to protest the company’s inaction outside an Amazon warehouse near Los Angeles.
  • Uber, Lyft, DoorDash and Walmart all have taken steps in recent days to provide relief to drivers facing higher prices at the pump.

A protester holds up a placard depicting a running skeleton with the slogan "running on empty."

“Running On Empty,” the signs read at the protest rally, which was organized by Mobile Workers Alliance, a group representing gig economy workers. “We Can’t Afford Gas. Tech Giants, Pay Up,” the signs said.

Honored Contributor
Driving to appointment this morning and saw gas at $3.99. This was in Falmouth, MA. 😁
You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor
Forgot to mention that prices are higher on Cape Cod where I live so off Cape prices will be lower.
You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

Someone posted this from Orange County, California

Respected Contributor

It's hitting the folks, who are the ones who can afford it the least, the hardest.

So typical. 

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

It's hitting the folks, who are the ones who can afford it the least, the hardest.

So typical. 

@Jacie 

Absolutely! It hits almost everyone but those with a lot of $$$$. If were only just the price of gas, but no! 

Almost every commodity in our lives now have higher prices. The middle class/fixed income/poor and those in poverty are hit the worst.

Been through this, or something similar, now 3 times in my life, and hopefully this is the last.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

When I made the decision to move to Manhattan almost 30 years ago --reason #1 was that I wouldn't need a car.  I absolutely hated driving. 

When my driver's license expired, I cancelled it and changed to a non-driver ID.

I can get just about anywhere walking / bus / taxi.  No gas issues, no parking issues, no maintenance issues.

Valued Contributor

@bewise wrote:

Yes,gas prices are very high,but look at all the people who buy the expensive coffee,at all those places! That is more crazy.

Really, are you kidding me!!! Not that it is anyone business, but I drink my coffee at home, BUT if now and then I wanted a coffee while on the road I would have one. Drinking an expensive coffee has nothing to do with the price of gas.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love4cats wrote:

@bewise wrote:

Yes,gas prices are very high,but look at all the people who buy the expensive coffee,at all those places! That is more crazy.

Really, are you kidding me!!! Not that it is anyone business, but I drink my coffee at home, BUT if now and then I wanted a coffee while on the road I would have one. Drinking an expensive coffee has nothing to do with the price of gas.

You obviously have the money and need not be concerned with putting a roof over your head or food on the table.  Gas prices affect each and every item in the economy.  Many people are hurting and it is getting worse.....enjoy your Starbucks.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.