Esteemed Contributor

274872385_475844750957614_6701579085242275874_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

Western NC.  

We're at $3.99 a gallon but we have gas points from the grocery store. 

Esteemed Contributor

Gas or Starbucks coffee? Don't want or need their coffee and I know  my coffee taste better.

Filling up tomorrow ar Kroger and get my 20c per gallon off.

Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@bewise wrote:

Yes,gas prices are very high,but look at all the people who buy the expensive coffee,at all those places! That is more crazy.

@bewise 

Why do you mention the price of coffee some choose to drink? I believe most people live within their budgets. How they choose to spend the money they worked to earn is their business only.

hckynut(john)🥅🏒  🇺🇸

It's distraction - look over here.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Boehm Collector yes, of course I know that.  I was not the one who brought up coffee in the first place.  I assume, though I don't know since I don't drink it, that people go there for the fancy flavored coffees.  Or they are too rushed at home to make it.  It all tastes bad to me though, lol.  I don't even like coffee ice cream.  I remember once when I was young, my Dad took me out for an ice cream cone.  I asked for chocolate.  What I got was coffee flavored.  My Dad felt so bad and he ended up eating it instead of me.  Gosh I miss him so much, but I digress.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I have never bought myself a special coffee from even McDonalds.  Cannot justify that expense when Folgers and Mr. Coffee are fine.  I have bought Star Bucks gift certificates as gifts but that is it.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

In my local area of southern WV, gas is at $4.09.  Farther north on Monday, we paid $4.19.

Esteemed Contributor

I do very little driving these days. If we're looking for whom to blame, there is plenty of culpability to go around. The prices of gas and oil are set inrternationally. Sure, there's price gouging too but no one country or individual holds all the cards. 

Honored Contributor

Oil prices are down. But the gas companies are choosing to keep their prices high. It's a great chance to make money. Can't really blame them. It's a great opportunity for them. They have no legal responsibility to keep prices low for consumers.

We can't nationalize gas stations or impose price controls on them.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Oil prices are down. But the gas companies are choosing to keep their prices high. It's a great chance to make money. Can't really blame them. It's a great opportunity for them. They have no legal responsibility to keep prices low for consumers.

We can't nationalize gas stations or impose price controls on them.

Went to Kroger and it was $4.09 but I had double points so I got 20c off per gallon.