Super Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

California's gas prices are the most expensive in the US. The national average is currently $2.65 a gallon.

Most motorists around the country are noticing gas prices declining or stabilizing, which is normal for autumn. Gas prices typically drop after the busy summer driving season, AAA said. But that trend hasn't taken hold on the West Coast this fall.

Over the past two weeks, several refineries that supply the West Coast with gasoline had unexpected outages at the same time.

More than other states, California gas prices can sometimes skyrocket, because the state mandates cleaner gas with fewer emissions. That makes California gas cost more to refine, because it's a special oxygenated blend that meets the state's strict air-quality rules. Refineries have to use a specialized process, and only a few refineries are able to make California-approved gas, which makes it harder for the state to import oil.

@MorningLover You c&p a lot with no quotation marks or source note, would be nice to know your own words and also know when you're posting somebody else's words from a website. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
Super Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Use Gas Buddy.

That's a good one @Snowpuppy. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor
Respected Contributor

Filled up today at Costco 2 dollars a gallon.

Esteemed Contributor

It's around $2.99 in the Phoenix area.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

about $2.41 for independent stations, roughly $2.45 for name brands......regular gas......maryland area.

this does not include the points off for grocery store purchases, where i can save ten to thirty cents off a gallon.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Definitely prices here are down at least ten cents to around 2.59, but if you drive down to the reservation it's 2.08.

Helen852
Honored Contributor

I don't own a car ... so I generally don't keep up with gas prices.

But ... I recently read that CA prices are above $4/gal due to the increased taxes.

Esteemed Contributor

Just checked GasBuddy, and the lowest prices in my area are $2.11 at Discount Zone and $2.25 at Shell. That’s for Regular gas. Feeling very fortunate after reading some of the prices on this thread. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett