Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Exactly where is my 85 year old mother going to go for one of these "side gigs"?  Her friend is in worse financial position, maybe you can find one for her too

Don't you look out for your own family? If my mom needed gas money or anything else, I would make sure she had it. She's doing great in that respect, though.

I do consider myself responsible for helping my family and friends. Not everyone has those social ties, I understand. It's a scary world for those who are not connected and have no one to help them. We all need to be as charitable as we can manage.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Today I passed by the station where I usually get gas.  For regular it is $5.01 with a credit card... and only a few cents less for cash.  This is ridiculous.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I haven't seen prices go down by much yet, I spent $4.26 for regular gas. 

They havent't gone down at all in my neck of the woods.  In fact, they keep only up every couple days.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

They havent't gone down at all in my neck of the woods.  In fact, they keep only going up every couple days.  I can't edit my posts.  🤦🏻‍♀️

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

And let's not forget the oil and gas leases cancelled and pipeline shut down.

@CrazyDaisy , I  agree with you 100%.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

They havent't gone down at all in my neck of the woods.  In fact, they keep only going up every couple days.  I can't edit my posts.  🤦🏻‍♀️

@Boehm Collector I filled up my car today and paid $5.10 a gallon! At this point I drive to work and back, go food shopping and try to do errands in one trip. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Exactly where is my 85 year old mother going to go for one of these "side gigs"?  Her friend is in worse financial position, maybe you can find one for her too

Don't you look out for your own family? If my mom needed gas money or anything else, I would make sure she had it. She's doing great in that respect, though.

I do consider myself responsible for helping my family and friends. Not everyone has those social ties, I understand. It's a scary world for those who are not connected and have no one to help them. We all need to be as charitable as we can manage.

But according to you I should be making sure I have enough to take care of myself. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

Some gas stations are modifying their gas pumps to accommodate double digits as they expect $10 a gallon and up.  And to think we were energy-independent two years ago.

Trusted Contributor

If someone wants to commit a crime or harm someone, they will find or make a weapon, regardless of whether they are legal or not. 

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

And they're not going down any time soon. Did we pay these prices two years ago?? No! Hmmmmm......

Two years ago, 2020, we were in dire straits due to the Covid pandemic. Shutdowns everywhere, people working from home, people staying home. Far less demand for gas, thus the price was much lower.

Two years ago Russia had not yet invaded Ukraine.

Gas is more expensive worldwide, averaging eight dollars a gallon in Europe last I heard. And anyone who doesn't believe price gouging is going on, well I will be nice and say that is naive.

But continue on with the not so subtle political commentary that's supposedly not allowed here 

@Greeneyedlady21    @Effie54 

Years ago I recall some interview on a related topic.

(I'm paraphrasing because I don't recall the exact wording and it was a long TV interview, a long time ago).

The geologist (I think that's what he was) was comparing the actual amounts of fossil fuels worldwide, and what's under the U.S. was significantly less than just about every other country that could drill enough to sell to other countries.  

He pointed out that our country drilling could bring short term relief, but when the U.S. could no longer produce adequate fuel, we would be at the mercy of just about every other country ....  and based on prices I've seen this month, how would you imagine paying $50 a gallon for gas would go over?    

Sometimes you have to think long term, especially when people still aren't going out in droves to buy electric cars.