Honored Contributor

$4.85 and up in the Seattle metropolitan area today

Honored Contributor

There's a lot of focus on the leases oil companies have, but you can't drill with just a lease. You have to get permits to drill. Often lots of permits from bureaucrats who seem to feel it's their job to ensure the permits never get issued. You need more than a lease to drill. The permits are more of a problem. Fix the permitting process and things will smooth out.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Today I paid 5.35.  For regular.  Everyday it is higher.  I do not understand why these prices vary, my friend in Loveland CO is paying under 4.00.  I am in Reno

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

There's a lot of focus on the leases oil companies have, but you can't drill with just a lease. You have to get permits to drill. Often lots of permits from bureaucrats who seem to feel it's their job to ensure the permits never get issued. You need more than a lease to drill. The permits are more of a problem. Fix the permitting process and things will smooth out.

Mean while Chevron is making record profits. Yikes.  None of this makes sense. If some are making record profits why are prices not being lowered.  So much is out of control.  Especially rent.  Should have had rent control years ago

Esteemed Contributor

And they're not going down any time soon. Did we pay these prices two years ago?? No! Hmmmmm......

Esteemed Contributor

I just asked my wife the price of regular gas. Felt like I might be able to mow our acreage or part of it today, wasn't sure. Our new mower was last used 6 months ago, and no way it had enough gas to finish mowing, should I be able.

Took our 5 gallon gas can and put 4 gallons in it. Cost per gallon was $4.09, up from $3.90 she paid last week to fill up our gas miser.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

And they're not going down any time soon. Did we pay these prices two years ago?? No! Hmmmmm......

It seems like craziness started 6 years ago. 

Respected Contributor

Sorry, won't being buying an electric car. Some of them look like they came straight from the old GDC. Besides that, I live in the middle of nowhere and, more often than not, are in need of a large truck to haul horses. Up and down mountains. Yup, an electric vehicle will work for that...NOT.

Also, just heart that 5 billion will be going to cities to build more bike lanes. For people to ride to work, for groceries, to church etc. OK folks, I don't know about you, but when I go somewhere, I'd like to look a bit fresher than if I'd been riding in the Tour de France.

The United States has resources, we need to use them and not be dependant on foreign oil.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Re: Gas Prices Today

[ Edited ]

We don't own a car, thank goodness, but I saw one gas station in Chicago where regular was over $6.00!!!!!  But I am a Chevron stockholder!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Gas Prices Today

[ Edited ]

@Effie54 wrote:

Two years ago, 2020, we were in dire straits due to the Covid pandemic. Shutdowns everywhere, people working from home, people staying home. Far less demand for gas, thus the price was much lower.

Two years ago Russia had not yet invaded Ukraine.

Gas is more expensive worldwide, averaging eight dollars a gallon in Europe last I heard. And anyone who doesn't believe price gouging is going on, well I will be nice and say that is naive.

But continue on with the not so subtle political commentary that's supposedly not allowed here 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"