Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

No we don't have to rely on others, we could use our own - as we were doing.

And we could use nuclear energy as well.

From Bloomberg, “U.S. oil companies generally have been reluctant to pump more, preferring to steer cash flows back to investors instead of spending it on new drilling that could flood the world with cheap crude.”

They have 10 years' worth of unused federal drilling leases they are allowing to leave stagnant and untapped. State and private resources control 90% of the land where drilling would take place. The private companies are choosing to price gouge instead and are hoping we "suckers" will fall for it and be distracted. Those are just the facts.

As to nuclear, I think that can be included in an alternative energy plan, as well as coal even (within reason and with as little pollution as possible), but it is not the energy source that everyone here is so married to. I don't see why anyone would be in favor of diversifying our resources with nuclear energy but not solar or hydro electric power.

Can you imagine a nuclear powered car? Makes the fears of a colliision between hydrogen powered cars pale in comparison.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Hit  $4:06 and part of that is the governor who removed the tax just put it back.  We drive around in our 2012 Prius that gets 50 mpg.  But cannot do more except perhaps spend a fortune on an electric car. 

Honored Contributor

Every WaWa I passed today (and my neigborhood has one WaWa gas station just about every mile) was $4.47 for unleaded gas.

Respected Contributor
Western Colorado $4.09 per gallon.
Respected Contributor

Filled my tank today @3.89 gal and I paid $57 for my SUV in MO.  I wasn't on empty, had  a little more than 1/4 tank left !  I'm glad I don't drive a lot or very far. 

Honored Contributor

Our's is back up to $4.15.  

Respected Contributor

$4.04 at Costco in Northern VA - $4.35 elsewhere here.

Honored Contributor

Regular gas in southern WV is still running about $3.96 per gallon.  That price has remained steady for the last month.

Honored Contributor

Regular gas jumped to $4.19 within 2 days here in southern WV!   It cost $56 to fill our gas cans for the lawnmower today.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Gas Prices Today

[ Edited ]

$5.69 for regular as of yesterday, it's been about the same for 2 weeks now in the LA county areas.