Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gary and Carolyn had dinner last night

Thank you for the lovely photo. It's the first I've seen since Carolyn's been gone. She looks great. I'm sure Gary misses her. They seemed to get along like a happy married couple. 

I'm not a fan type, but I enjoyed Carolyn. There's so much to her, her love of life and enjoyment pets and gardening. 

Carolyn has such a pleasing voice and happy manner. She uplifts people. She's somebody that I wouldn't have expected the Q to ever let go. 

Carolyn gone is just a reminder that at the Q, nobody is indispensable. I feel it's put many on alert.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@febe1 wrote:

Thank you for the lovely photo. It's the first I've seen since Carolyn's been gone. She looks great. I'm sure Gary misses her. They seemed to get along like a happy married couple. 

I'm not a fan type, but I enjoyed Carolyn. There's so much to her, her love of life and enjoyment pets and gardening. 

Carolyn has such a pleasing voice and happy manner. She uplifts people. She's somebody that I wouldn't have expected the Q to ever let go. 

Carolyn gone is just a reminder that at the Q, nobody is indispensable. I feel it's put many on alert.

@febe1 , I like Carolyn and Dan and was sad to see them laid off.

I agree with you about "I feel it's put many on alert".  I bet all of the hosts are wondering if they are next if Carolyn and Dan was let go.  I think they are all a little worried.

Respected Contributor

It would be foolhardy to not be a little concerned and get your personal finances in order.

If Qurate doesn't turn numbers around in the next few quarters I believe there will be no choice but another round of (even larger) lay-offs.  Workforce reduction is still a Pillar of the ongoing Project Athens.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Janey2 wrote:

@Linda0215Don't take my response so personally. I was just wondering how adult mature people get so attached to a person they do not know. She's a salesperson who was probably let go for management's valid reasons. Maybe she even chose it. There are plenty of other hosts you can get attached to for whatever reason.

@Janey2,

I don't see how being "adult mature people" has anything to do with caring about what happens to someone they may have watched for a long time, sometimes years even if on tv or online or social media.

Hopefully a mature adult does have feelings and caring towards someone they enjoy, that suddenly is gone whether homebound or not.

I agree with you @on the bay .  Having concern about another human being is completely natural - even if you don't know them personally.  

Esteemed Contributor

@cjm61   I'm with you.  I've never been on FB and never intend to be. I wouldn't say I'm terrified, but more folks should be more selective in what they pass around as news and truth.   Not just FB, all these similar social media sites are a problem.   

Occasional Contributor

It's so nice to see them together again!  Unfortunately the Denim and Co show has suffered since Carolyn was let go.  It's been very boring.  Carolyn brought out the best in Gary.  
BTW, Carolyn's FB message was great.  She's working on some good things that will be of interest to her real fans.

Frequent Contributor

Nicely said. Many, many people are leaving the Q after what happened to Dan and Carolyn. We had two wonderful hosts - compared to some of the hosts that are left who talk over the presenters, a know it all attitude, and talk so fast we miss most of the presentation,

After 27 years and thousands of dollars it is time to move on.Amazon offers so much more with free shipping etc, but I was trying to be loyal.

Frequent Contributor

That was a lovely, kind response. We are blessed to have good health. God bless you for your kind heart.