Honored Contributor

Re: Gary and Carolyn had dinner last night

Because life goes on and job is just a job.  If people here weren't so terrified of social media, they'd be part of her world.  She posts pretty much daily.  She's happy, she's thriving.  I suspect that her next chapter will be similar to what Lisa Robertson is doing.  Selling electronically.

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

How people get so involved with salespeople on a shopping channel is beyond me. If you have that much extra time volunteer for a good cause, it might help society.

What also helps society is to be kind to one another.
Honored Contributor

Thank you for the picture.  At least Carolyn and Gary will always have the squirrels.

Valued Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

How people get so involved with salespeople on a shopping channel is beyond me. If you have that much extra time volunteer for a good cause, it might help society.

@Janey2   If that picture bothers you so much, you should take your own advice. Get off social media and go volunteer somewhere for a good cause. It works both ways. 

Respected Contributor

@Linda0215Don't take my response so personally. I was just wondering how adult mature people get so attached to a person they do not know. She's a salesperson who was probably let go for management's valid reasons. Maybe she even chose it. There are plenty of other hosts you can get attached to for whatever reason.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree "terrified of social media"? Not sure this applies to the posters here as this is considered social media of one sort or another. Nobody here has appeared to be terrified, at least to me.

I for one, will not do Facebook. The reasons vary from the way it is controlled to family issues that can arise. I just choose to avoid it. I can assure you, I am not terrified. 

It is sad there are so many negative comments to a nice photo. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LillyandHobo wrote:
Hmmmmmmmm wow how insensitive. People form bonds especially during illness, loneliness, Covid lockdowns, etc. Maybe you should get a life and quit commenting on these.

@LillyandHobo  I agree ,  very insensitive .  Why not just say nothing 🤨

Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2   me too.   I am gobsmacked at the insanity of it all

Esteemed Contributor

@Linda0215 wrote:

@Janey2 wrote:

@Janey2   If that picture bothers you so much, you should take your own advice. Get off social media and go volunteer somewhere for a good cause. It works both ways. 

@Linda0215  Exactly !   Take your own advice maybe ....

Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I have to say i do agree with the other posters regarding your comments and maybe volunteering yourself....as it sounds to me that you are one of the blessed people who can do something for society......and not one of the homebound, physically challenged, chronic disease sufferers, who don't have the extra few dollars to put toward transportation, etc.  Some people look to what keeps their interests when homebound,etc.  If they worry or care about other humans....thats a GOOD sign.