Honored Contributor

Re: Garrison Keillor Fired

[ Edited ]

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@IamMrsG wrote:

"I put my hand on a woman's bare back. I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called. .  .  Anyone who ever was around my show can tell you that I was the least physically affection person in the building. . . Actors hug, musicians hug, people were embracing every Saturday night left and right, and I stood off in the corner like a stone statue. . .But I'm just fine. I had a good long run and am grateful for it and for everything else."

--Garrison Keillor

I don't see an admission here.  

No kidding, maybe that's because you highlighted the wrong thing.  An addmission is something that says, yes, I did that, and here it is:

"I put my hand on a woman's bare back. I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches."

Honored Contributor

I am reminded of Where's Waldo?

Or maybe Where On Earth Is Carmen San Diego?

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@IamMrsG wrote:

"I put my hand on a woman's bare back. I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called. .  .  Anyone who ever was around my show can tell you that I was the least physically affection person in the building. . . Actors hug, musicians hug, people were embracing every Saturday night left and right, and I stood off in the corner like a stone statue. . .But I'm just fine. I had a good long run and am grateful for it and for everything else."

--Garrison Keillor

No kidding, maybe it's because you highlighted the wrong thing.  An addmission is something that says, yes, I did that.

"I put my hand on a woman's bare back. I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches."

And you are conveniently ignoring the FACT that he immediately apologised, multiple times, and SHE told him to forget about it, and CONTINUED to be FRIENDS with hum.

That FACT canNOT be dismissed, no matter how much it inconvenience you that it is there.

It is not an "admission of guilt", he is stating factually what happened.

If he was such a letch, why would she continuously say, "Forget about it" when he apologised multiple times?

Why would she continue to be friends with him after the fact?

Blows your "innocent victim" theory right out of the water.

Not all victims are as innocent as they portray themselves to be.

Honored Contributor

Image result for looking for something

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@IamMrsG wrote:

--Garrison Keillor

No kidding, maybe it's because you highlighted the wrong thing.  An addmission is something that says, yes, I did that.

And you are conveniently ignoring the FACT that he immediately apologised, multiple times, and SHE told him to forget about it, and CONTINUED to be FRIENDS with hum.

That FACT canNOT be dismissed, no matter how much it inconvenience you that it is there.

It is not an "admission of guilt", he is stating factually what happened.

If he was such a letch, why would she continuously say, "Forget about it" when he apologised multiple times?

Why would she continue to be friends with him after the fact?

Blows your "innocent victim" theory right out of the water.

Not all victims are as innocent as they portray themselves to be.

Reductio Ad Absurdum

Especially the ginormous spaces.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

2 women?

Later Wednesday, Keillor gave a statement to MPR News saying he had to "respect the privacy of the two employees who have made the allegations."

The last I heard it was at least 3 women.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Why is it being assumed that whatever Keillor says happened occurred in exactly the way he says it did? He says he apologized over and over, and that she assured him it was fine, no prob, also over and over. WT heck else would he say?  It’s only his word that he apologized in the manner he says he did, or that she was fine with his apology.

I’m thinking the accuser gave enough details to LE, and has had the advice of an atty (it’s pointless for an atty to take on what they consider a case without merit), that it’s being taken very seiously. 

No one gets formally charged or convicted based solely on He said/She said and no evidence. DAs and judges decide that kind of thing.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

ITA @Moonchilde

Not to mention the fact that an apology has nothing whatsoever to do with the issue.  I hope he meant it, I think he may have meant it, but it does not negate the fact that he slid his hand up her back.  Saying "sorry" is not a magic word that undoes what was done.

It seems Lauer hoped he could get away with an "oh, sorry."  Lauer's behavior was imo criminal.

Respected Contributor

I listened to him for years........so, so sad.

Honored Contributor

Reading the hysteria over trying to make hearsay by GK as fact is troubling.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh