Honored Contributor

i always liked to play games but dh does not so we rarely play any kind of games.

i only have 2 board games left. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Games People Play

[ Edited ]

OCards and board games, etc are such great ways for families and friends to interact!  When I was growing up, we had a family game night once a week or so. We played all the usual age-appropriate board games and some card games. Popcorn, tv turned off, and great fun. Happy to know some still do this. We love scrabble, several versions of monopoly, and trivial pursuit. Have never been able to get DH into card games but he loves dominoes. For the kids, it's really hard to compete with video games and movies now, unfortunately.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse

Thank you for starting this topic!

My friends and I always get together to play cards.  We usually play:

Canasta

Spades

Hearts

Rummy

And a card game we bought at Barnes & Noble called Five Crowns

We also play a game called Cranium ---  You answer trivia questions, you draw, theres acting (charades), and even make objects out of clay, and there's also some word games too...........

We used to play Dominoes but haven't done that in awhile.

Our card and game nights are a lot of fun...........

Image result for cats playing cards

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt you are very welcome and thank you for sharing! Love that cat pic.  I’ve seen Cranium in the stores-may have to check that out!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fourpaws56 wrote:

I like scrabble but no adults will play with me...I think it's time to indroduce it to my 4 and 5 year old grandkids...

@fourpaws56

No one will play Scrabble with my sister because she takes way too long (we tease her that one could read the huge novel of WAR & PEACE in its entirety while she takes her turn since she takes so long )....We even introduced a timer but everyone thought that was a hassle....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I play Mah Jonng but haven't played a borad game for a long time!

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Boy, was I happy when my kids outgrew Hungry Hungry Hippo!

Haha!  My son loved that game when he was little! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@Spurt you are very welcome and thank you for sharing! Love that cat pic.  I’ve seen Cranium in the stores-may have to check that out!

@GenXmuse

Check Cranium out--its a lot of fun, but there's no singing its acting/charades, and the other activities I mentioned, and some word games as well.....

The game that has singing and humming I dont remember the name---we dont play that one often because some people never heard of some of the songs.....

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

I like scrabble but no adults will play with me...I think it's time to indroduce it to my 4 and 5 year old grandkids...

@fourpaws56

If you like Scrabble check out a website that has games called Pogo.com  They have some of the Hasbro games and one of them is Scrabble.  You can play against other people or play against robots.  They also have Yahtzee, Monopoly, Boggle, Battleship, Connect 4, lots of card games and other games. Its owned by EA Sports.....................

Respected Contributor

@Spurt  thank you,I did not know that!