Respected Contributor

Re: Gamers, Would you be willing to post on another Forum?

@LIG1 wrote:

Are y'all aware that there's a "float" feature that will allow the theads you're interested in, to float and stay at the top of the forum? 

Suzie, you snuck up on me. 

Great idea.  Is there an "unfloat" feature too, so I can make sure all the Games posts never float to the top?  Probably wishful thinking!

Honored Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

Are y'all aware that there's a "float" feature that will allow the theads you're interested in, to float and stay at the top of the forum? 

That's cause I'm sneaky not squeaky?  LOL

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Super Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

How do you do this??  

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

Great idea.  Is there an "unfloat" feature too, so I can make sure all the Games posts never float to the top?  Probably wishful thinking!

Yes, you should see something that says "unfloat"....remember also, that you'll see the threads twice. For instance, if I were to float this thread, I'd see it at the top and also in it's gradual progression down the thread. Hope that makes sense. 

Respected Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

Yes, you should see something that says "unfloat"....remember that you'll see the threads twice. For instance, if I were to float this thread, I'd see it at the top and also in it's gradual progression down the thread. Hope that makes sense. 

LOL, you have to float before you can unfloat.    I'm not a floater myself.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Super Contributor

@LIG1 wrote:

@NickNack1 wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

How do you do this??  

Look under "Options"...right next to "New Message."

The top left side...

Thanks.  I found it.  I tried it but don't know how to get the message to the top to "float" it.  It would make more sense to me if the "float" feature was in the message that you wanted to float.  I hope I'm making sense.  I just don't understand it, but I'd like to be able to use it.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack1 wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

@NickNack1 wrote:

@LIG1 wrote:

How do you do this??  

Look under "Options"...right next to "New Message."

The top left side...

Thanks.  I found it.  I tried it but don't know how to get the message to the top to "float" it.  It would make more sense to me if the "float" feature was in the message that you wanted to float.  I hope I'm making sense.  I just don't understand it, but I'd like to be able to use it.

The thread itself will float and stay at the top of Community Chat if that's where you are. It won't float this message if that's what you're trying to say. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just for an example, I have The Sidewalk Cafe thread on the float feature. And it stays at the top of all the theads in Community Chat.

Super Contributor

I understand that it's the thread that stays at the top of Community Chat.  I just don't understand how to get that particular thread to go to the top.  How do you click on the particular thread that you want at the top from the drop-down menu?  Does the thread have to already be at the top in order to make it stay there?  I'd like to keep some threads that I posted at the top for a while.  Thanks for trying to explain this to me.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Contributor

How is this a community chat board when games have been moved here.

The message is loud and clear, this is no longer viewpoints and they prefer

gamers over anyone that wants to chat.

Guess I'll be going to Vegas.Man Tongue