Honored Contributor

@RainyDayGal wrote:

Have them send the code to your home phone.  What's the worst that can happen - you don't get a phone call with the code?

Either that, or just open an entirely new account.  Or call the restaurant and have them do delivery.  They are losing money through DoorDash and the likes.

That's impossible.  Funny but impossible.  There are no humans involved in this, Doordash is an app.  The codes are a 2nd level security function to prevent fraud and hacking.  No one calls anyone.  The restaurant can't help her, they aren't involved in the ordering process and they losing any money from this one order.  She has to set up a new account but that might be a problem since the credit card and address are already listed under this account.  

Honored Contributor

Re: GRRRRR! DoorDash

[ Edited ]

@DottieBlue @Try to login but say you forgot your password when doing so. They will send a password reset to your email. This happened to me just a few days ago (last Thursday). I then changed my password. 

Respected Contributor

I have had this happen and they call my landline and a computer verbally speaks the code, did you try this?

Trusted Contributor

Apps don't work witth landline phones by definition.  Apps are applications developed for smart phones.   As stated previously, I'd just open a separate account with a gmail or other free email.  Nothing will happen with the original account.  

Honored Contributor

Re: GRRRRR! DoorDash

[ Edited ]

@DottieBlue wrote:

I just tried to log in to DoorDash's website to place a food order.  It said they had to verify that it's really me, so I need to enter a verification code and will text it to the phone number that is on my account.

Well, I am a dinosaur and when I created my DoorDash account, I used my (gasp!)  LANDLINE phone number, which obviously doesn't receive text messages.  So, I need to change the phone number on my account to my cellphone number instead of my landline number.

WELL, I just spent the last hour attempting to do just this.  The website won't let me in because I don't have the 6 digit code that they've sent to my landline.  And the only way I can reach my account to change my phone number is to log in to my account.  But I can't log into my account because I need to enter the 6 digit code they sent to my landline.

I called the number they listed for help.  They spent an hour trying to figure out how to get me into my account so I can change the phone number.  I spoke with 2 different people and they could not figure out how to get me access to my account without the 6-digit verification code.  They can't change the phone number from their end, and they can't send the code to my email, either. It can only be sent to the phone number on record--which is my landline number.

They have no idea what to do. So, the final answer is--they need to refer this problem to their Engineering Department who is supposed to call me back today.

What a Catch-22!  This is a stupid problem, I know.  I guess I just need to stop using my landline number completely, for anything.  I have just been using my cellphone when I am not at home, but I guess this dinosaur had better get into the 21st century and get rid of my landline once and for all and use only my celllphone.

Thank you very much for letting me vent!

@DottieBlue 

They should have canceled your account and told you to create a new one....

What kind of antiquated system do they have, most companies have several options if texting isnt available.....Normally you can have them call your landline with a code you can enter , or you can call them to get a code (they will ask you a couple questions for verification to confirm its really you---zipcode, email, or address etc etc) 

Maybe if available consider using a different delivery service ........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

I have had this happen and they call my landline and a computer verbally speaks the code, did you try this?

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will give this a try.

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@DottieBlue @Try to login but say you forgot your password when doing so. They will send a password reset to your email. This happened to me just a few days ago (last Thursday). I then changed my password. 

Thank you for the tip.  When I called yesterday they said that since I hadn't ordered from them in over 30 days, I need to "verify" with a code.  But I will keep trying!

Trusted Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

Here's my DoorDash experience...someone set an account up in my name using my email address, had an order for $125.00 delivered to a New York address & the receipt paid with a credit card, a picture of where the food was left & the name of the delivery person was emailed to me. I called DoorDash immediately, got put on hold to speak to their fraud department & was assured the account would be deleted...it's still active. I had to place a freeze at all 3 credit bureaus & buy a plan to monitor for fraud...ugh. The credit card they used was not in my name so I don't understand how or why they used my name & email....I'm still worried about it & waiting for another fraud to pop up.

How terrible!! What a nightmare to deal with.  I hope the current problem I'm dealing with doesn't trigger some kind of mess.

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@DottieBlue wrote:

I just tried to log in to DoorDash's website to place a food order.  It said they had to verify that it's really me, so I need to enter a verification code and will text it to the phone number that is on my account.

Well, I am a dinosaur and when I created my DoorDash account, I used my (gasp!)  LANDLINE phone number, which obviously doesn't receive text messages.  So, I need to change the phone number on my account to my cellphone number instead of my landline number.

WELL, I just spent the last hour attempting to do just this.  The website won't let me in because I don't have the 6 digit code that they've sent to my landline.  And the only way I can reach my account to change my phone number is to log in to my account.  But I can't log into my account because I need to enter the 6 digit code they sent to my landline.

I called the number they listed for help.  They spent an hour trying to figure out how to get me into my account so I can change the phone number.  I spoke with 2 different people and they could not figure out how to get me access to my account without the 6-digit verification code.  They can't change the phone number from their end, and they can't send the code to my email, either. It can only be sent to the phone number on record--which is my landline number.

They have no idea what to do. So, the final answer is--they need to refer this problem to their Engineering Department who is supposed to call me back today.

What a Catch-22!  This is a stupid problem, I know.  I guess I just need to stop using my landline number completely, for anything.  I have just been using my cellphone when I am not at home, but I guess this dinosaur had better get into the 21st century and get rid of my landline once and for all and use only my celllphone.

Thank you very much for letting me vent!

@DottieBlue 

They should have canceled your account and told you to create a new one....

What kind of antiquated system do they have, most companies have several options if texting isnt available.....Normally you can have them call your landline with a code you can enter , or you can call them to get a code (they will ask you a couple questions for verification to confirm its really you---zipcode, email, or address etc etc) 

Maybe if available consider using a different delivery service ........

That's what I thought that it would be easy for them to fix this.  Good grief!

I live in a smallish town and the only other restaurant delivery is pizza.  

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue    You should have received an option to text or use email.  I chose email.

kindness is strength