Respected Contributor

@BlueFinch My guess is the credit card # was stolen & the delivery address was just a drop, the food was left on a table in a lobby & when the delivery person left they walked in took the food. DoorDash didn't seem surprised that this happened but I am...they need better security. I called 3 times about deleting the account & today got another email inviting to use my account for 25% off an order...I'm not happy.

Trusted Contributor

UPDATE:

Success!

I ended up having to call customer support again (3rd time). This rep was able to cancel my account, and told me to create a new one by using a different email address and phone number. 

So I did, and it worked!!

Why didn't they tell me this yesterday?  Woman Frustrated

Anyway, I want to thank you all for your suggestions and replies.

Hope you all have a nice evening.

Respected Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

@BlueFinch My guess is the credit card # was stolen & the delivery address was just a drop, the food was left on a table in a lobby & when the delivery person left they walked in took the food. DoorDash didn't seem surprised that this happened but I am...they need better security. I called 3 times about deleting the account & today got another email inviting to use my account for 25% off an order...I'm not happy.

@kitcat51 Oh, okay, now I can see how this likely all played out. I've never heard a situation quite like this.

Interesting DoorDash not surprised. Sounds like they might be plagued with problems.  

Have to admit this was clever maneuvering on the thieves part. What will people think of next. 

Good luck. Hope you can eventually get this account closed and that you don't have further problems.