Honored Contributor

GOT AN APPT. FOR COVID VACCINE

[ Edited ]

I've been searching on our county's website for an opening and zip. Today my BIL who is a computer genius, found me an appointment at Costco in a nearby city. It took some digging as Costco was only added as a provider this afternoon! It's in about 2 weeks and I am so relieved to get this.

My BIL got his today at his doc's and my sis gets hers next week. So grateful for this. Whew! is all I can say.

Honored Contributor

Re: GOT AN APPT. FOR COVID VACCINE

@Love my grandkids wrote:

My BIL got his today at his doc's

@Love my grandkids  What state?  Docs in So. Joisey do not have "private" stashes of the vaccine to give to their patients.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac We are in WA state and doctors can adminster the shot if they get the vaccine supplies. He was there for a  regularly scheduled appt. and was given the shot.

The same for my sis. She has a regular appt. next week and will get the shot then.

Doctors will NOT make an appointment JUST for the vaccine.

Hope this clears it up! Different states are doing it differently, obviously!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids  Thanks for clearing that up!  You're right, states are doing their own thing.

CVS came to us to issue the vaccine 1st dose the last week in December.  I live in an 55+ community.  2nd dose, the 2nd week of January 2021.

Here's the thing........

Everyone who got the vaccine had to show their ins card.  They may be charged an administrator fee by their ins co they were told.  Needless to say, only a handful at my complex got the vaccine.

Private physicians here are not issuing any COVID vaccines.  Only flu vaccines.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac We've been told by the head of health depts. in WA state that there is no extra fee for this.

I forgot to mention that my BIL and sis both go to docs who are associated with a large hospital-based medical group, the same group who has cared for me since my cancer diagnosis in early 2017, and that may be why they have the vaccine.

Later this year I will likely be switching PCP's to a doctor in this group.

Esteemed Contributor

My DH and I got our shots yesterday.  In Connecticut, from everything I see, clinics are sponsored by hospitals at various venues.  You register online, enter your medical information, and we were early enough to get the time we wanted. 

The venue was in a city, in a very large lobby of a hotel, with an attached parking garage.  It was very well organized, with a minimum waiting time.  After our shots, they wanted everyone to sit for 15 minutes before leaving, and a nurse checked to ensure everyone was well before we left for home.

Our next appointment is in two weeks, and we got the Pfizer vaccine.

Honestly, I felt nothing getting the shot.  This am my left arm is a trifle sore.  That’s it.  Bless those folks for doing what they do.  We are a long way from over with this whole mess, but it is reassuring to be getting the vaccine.  Everything helps, even when you are very careful.

Honored Contributor

Still a hot mess here!

LUCKILY, the BLIZZARD will trap everyone INSIDE for a week or so. 

Happy SHOPPING, Y'ALL!