Honored Contributor

GOT A GENEROUS AMAZON GIFT CARD

...from my wonderful sister and  brother in law for Christmas. I had such fun shopping. I was able after years of searching to find Yardley's April Violets spray perfume. I have been looking for it for ages!

Also found a few things I needed and some I wanted and also found a couple of things for my grandson and granddaughter, which was wonderful. They live out of state and each asked for an e-card for different things.

Also got a book I wanted and will be watching my front porch daily! I keep a very close eye out due to thieves running amok. Just had so much fun doing my Amazon shopping!

Honored Contributor

Re: GOT A GENEROUS AMAZON GIFT CARD

@Love my grandkids,

I like reading such a happy positive post!

christmas-animations-image

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

I know, right? It's always fun to spend money that didn't come out of your pocket, kinda like winning a mini lottery, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

My garnds, 8 & 10, received 3 $25 Amazon gift cards each from us and later this week will each receive a $50 Amazon card from their uncle.  They said the gift cards were their second favorite gift ( each also got a $13.75 bank from Amazon that digitally counts their change). My son was so taken with this that we gave him ours and ordered another for ourselves.

Honored Contributor

Your items sound wonderful!  If I have a hard time finding something, I let Amazon do it for me!!!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG I have a saying "if you can't find it on Amazon it likely doesn't exist'!!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

Fun times enjoy your new "gifts"...reading this reminded me last Christmas my relatives gave me $100 Visa cards (total $300) still in my drawer.

I always forget I have them and things I buy aren't normally for me but house (food, home stuff,etc).

I used the rest of my Q gc on a Dooney tote can't wait to use it when I travel.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you had fun shopping.

I know a lot of people don't like gift cards, but I do.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower Me too! At 73 I don't want or need anyone buying me "stuff" I don't, want or like or stuff I won't use. I can always find things on line. Just like finding that Yardley April Violets perfume! I was so happy.

As a kid I bought my mom a bottle of it for I think Mother's Day and would sneak and use a little when she wasn't looking. Never could find it after that. My favorite scents are violet and rose.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Love my grandkids 

Fun times enjoy your new "gifts"...reading this reminded me last Christmas my relatives gave me $100 Visa cards (total $300) still in my drawer.

I always forget I have them and things I buy aren't normally for me but house (food, home stuff,etc).

I used the rest of my Q gc on a Dooney tote can't wait to use it when I travel.

@homedecor1, it would be a good idea for you to check your Visa gift cards for an expiration date.  There are several types of cards with some simply having an expiration date and others start charging a monthly fee if they are not used.

For more details search on the phrase do visa gift cards expire or better yet, call the number on the back of the cards.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.