Valued Contributor
On 2/25/2014 occasional rain said:

Some see gossip as the same as slander, it isn't.

Slandering someone is wrong but gossip doesn't need to be.

I can't see how talking about others can be avoided unless a vow of silence has been taken.

Speaking kindly about someone is good. Praising someone's efforts is good. But that is not gossip. Gossip is telling tales usually to bring attention to yourself or to focus on someone else's actions in hope that it makes you look good. Gossip is a fruit of self centeredness.

Super Contributor
On 2/25/2014 Jules5280 said:

So would it be more acceptable if the OP had 10,000 posts? {#emotions_dlg.confused1} Everyone had to have a 1st post. At least her first post is an interesting question.

Whatever your reasons for asking that question, it is thought provoking, so thanks. Welcome to the forum, hope to see more of your posts.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Or it would be acceptable if some knew who the new person is. lol

Odd how a thread about gossip has................gossip about the OP.

Too funny.

Valued Contributor
I've been deleted...
Frequent Contributor
On 2/25/2014 TaxyLady said:
On 2/25/2014 occasional rain said:

Some see gossip as the same as slander, it isn't.

Slandering someone is wrong but gossip doesn't need to be.

I can't see how talking about others can be avoided unless a vow of silence has been taken.

Speaking kindly about someone is good. Praising someone's efforts is good. But that is not gossip. Gossip is telling tales usually to bring attention to yourself or to focus on someone else's actions in hope that it makes you look good. Gossip is a fruit of self centeredness.

Gossip is idle talk whether it be true or false, good or bad. We all gossip.

Valued Contributor
I think I used a word---a perfectly good word that is disallowed---a**a**ination????????
Valued Contributor
dp
Valued Contributor
grrrrrrrr
Valued Contributor
I think I used a word---a perfectly good word that is disallowed---a**a**ination????????
Trusted Contributor

I thought this might be interesting and was considering answering until I got to The Bible question. Then I decided never mind.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Honored Contributor
Assassination? I don't think that word on its own is a problem.