Honored Contributor

I just ordered a few candles from Goose Creek: High Quality Scented Candles and Jar Candles! Does anyone have any experience with this brand? What if you don't like the scent...............

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

Re: GOOSE CREEK CANDLES

[ Edited ]

They have sales frequently and they were recently on Zulily. (2 of mine arrived broken)  My first order I intended to use some as gifts.  Most of the top did not fit tightly. (this didn't matter for me but as gifts I thought it did)

The candles burned more evenly than either Yankee or Bath & Body.  The scents were strong.

Considering the sale price I paid, for the most part I was satisfied. As for not liking the scent, the one I didn't like, I threw out. (What else would you do?)

Honored Contributor

thanks for the feedback............with yankee candle and bath and body works you can return candles to the store. I've returned quite a few to BBW because of poor burning without a receipt and never had a problem............

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

If I don't like the scent, I throw it out or give it away. I've never returned a candle because I don't like the scent. If I am not sure I will like a scent or not, I will try to wait for a sale and/or buy the cheapest item available, like a votive or a melt.

I bought some melts from Goose Creek. They work well in both my generic and Yankee melt pots. The scents are strong enough to make me happy and the melts last quite some time. Some I liked better than others, just like with Yankee Candles. I keep all my melts and candles a kitchen cabinet and even though I have a variety of completely different fragrances and brands, the cabinet smells wonderful whenever I open it. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I GC candles, as certain scents have a good throw and they burn better than Yankee..my favorites are Pure Integrity (super scented) which I love, Madison Valley Candle Co., Nest candles, also strong scented and beautiful scents offered as well, not your typical ones.

Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

I GC candles, as certain scents have a good throw and they burn better than Yankee..my favorites are Pure Integrity (super scented) which I love, Madison Valley Candle Co., Nest candles, also strong scented and beautiful scents offered as well, not your typical ones.

I forgot to mention I enjoy "smelling" what I pay for...which is why I like the super scented candles mentioned above.  With lots of candles, they have no throw...unless you put your nose right up to candle...you paid a lot of money just to burn a big jar of soy or wax...so disappointing