Esteemed Contributor

Re: GMA This Morning

[ Edited ]

Speaking of trainwrecks.....I heard that Miley Cyrus is going to host the MTV awards...

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Speaking of trainwrecks.....I heard that Miley Cirus is going to host the MTV awards...

Yep. Since Miley seems to be a girl who craves all kinds of attention, I am sure she will make sure she gets it one way or the other. Fasten your seat belt. 

Respected Contributor

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

"By filing a consumer complaint with the FCC, you contribute to federal enforcement and consumer protection efforts on a national scale."

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Valued Contributor

GMA + Nicki Minaj  = no class

Esteemed Contributor

@June2 wrote:
I find her repulsive.

--------------------

My thoughts exactly!!  Her costumes, her words, her  movements - they are all disgusting!! I cannot watch her; change the channel as soon as she pops up on the TV.

Respected Contributor

i used to have GMA on but now it is all commercials and then the segmnets are 5 min, they hurry everything along.  Today show can't stand Matt L.

i have music channel on my TV, nice no commercials.

Esteemed Contributor

@maddiecat wrote:

I wish GMA would do away with the concerts in the park.  Rarely have I seen any real talent featured.  While I'm thinking about it, can I just say that I miss the GMA days of old?  I loved the show when it had Charlie Gibson, Diane Sawyer, Robin Roberts and Sam Champion.  Charlie and Joan Lunden made a good pairing, too.  There used to be actual, informative segments!  Nowadays, it seems like every segment is celebrity-driven.

-----------------------------------

I have stated the same before...I miss people like David Hartman, Joan Lunden and others. Now the whole show is driven by celebrity events - singers, actors, TV shows, sports people etc.  Where is the real news?? And the weather segment with Ginger is worthless, hardly any info offered.

Occasional Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

From an old liberal fuddy-dudry...why on earth do these young singers, talented though they may be...have to look and act like street walkers in order to sell their music? They debase their talent by mixing it up with some less-than-classy displays of T&A. I'm not a prude when it comes to language. I certainly use four letter words when I feel they are appropriate to the situation. However, just being provocative is not talent. Pushing the moral code to its limit is not talent. Dressing like a you-know-what is not talent. We have come to expect and accept mediocrity if it's dressed up as a secks goddess.

Marvelous post concerning this Vivian ! I echo every word you said as it speaks my mind EXACTLY !

To add, what is this behavior and message sending to our children and followers of these performers?

I am extremely concerned about how these people are leading our youth! The vulgarity of the lyrics as well as their behavior is appalling and I'm no prude myself !

People need to boycott these individuals until they "clean up their act", but you know they won't!

What can we as a society do ?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@maddiecat wrote:

I wish GMA would do away with the concerts in the park.  Rarely have I seen any real talent featured.  While I'm thinking about it, can I just say that I miss the GMA days of old?  I loved the show when it had Charlie Gibson, Diane Sawyer, Robin Roberts and Sam Champion.  Charlie and Joan Lunden made a good pairing, too.  There used to be actual, informative segments!  Nowadays, it seems like every segment is celebrity-driven.

-----------------------------------

I have stated the same before...I miss people like David Hartman, Joan Lunden and others. Now the whole show is driven by celebrity events - singers, actors, TV shows, sports people etc.  Where is the real news?? And the weather segment with Ginger is worthless, hardly any info offered.

The real news is on CNN, their morning show is called "New Day," and it's almost all news, no audiences (hate that), no entertainment (but entertaining), good looking, smart hosts.  Try it out for a few days.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Oddly enough there is a song she sings with another trainwreck, Justin Beiber that is really catchy.  It's called Beauty and The Beat.