Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 I can't recall exactly when I cancelled. You would think HULU wouldn't turn business away.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Cakers3 I can't recall exactly when I cancelled. You would think HULU wouldn't turn business away.

@Jordan2   It's makes good business sense.

People will have a subscription then cancel to get the better deal.

HULU would actually lose money on those persons.

I don't know what the ad-supported subscription costs but this deal pops up during the year a few times.

Plus there are ad-ons you can choose like HBO, STARZ, etc. which usually also have a reduced rate for a new subscriber.

So if a person is getting HULU and some ad-ons at regular price, cancels, and then tries to get the new deal-HULU loses.  It isn't about turning away new business.

It's about keeping a current profit and drawing in "NEW" business with special deals.

They only lose out if they allow people to go and come back everytime there is a special deal.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 I could see canceling the same day, then trying to get the good deal, I had no way of knowing this deal was coming along when I cancelled, it's their loss.

Honored Contributor

Today I decided to take the $1.99/mo for yr deal that Hulu offered me by email the other day.  I was wondering, along the way, if they would decline me the offer as they have some folks here, but it went through w/o problems and I went right in on my Tivo to see if I could get in and I did.

But I didn't actually quit Hulu.   Sprint, which has become diseased by the T-Mobile  thing, quit me from the free Hulu deal that I had and I'm not even sure how long ago that was, as I didn't try to go there for quite a while.  I frequently have so many shows on my Tivos that I don't go to streaming as much.

I never finished Handmaid's Tale and, darn it, can't remember where I stopped.    I think I saw all of S01 and S02 - maybe.   When I have time I'll check it out.

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

This is a great deal but they said I wasn't eligible. Maybe because I cancelled my subscription a few months ago. 

@GenXmuse  You have to be away for at least 3 months. 

Honored Contributor

I looked up my account, I cancelled on 8/29/20. I'm going to try again.