Honored Contributor

If you go to the GMA website you'll see the offer, $1.99 a month for a year for a 65% savings. This is the ad supported membership, the offer is good til 11-30. I have gotten spoiled and like to watch ad free. Does anyone know if the original content also has ads and are the ads long and a lot?

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2  If you go to  the website Slick Deals,there is quite a long discussion on the pros and cons of this deal. Lots of suggestions and ideas. I think  I will go for this deal as there are a few shows I want to watch on that network. 

Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

This is a great deal but they said I wasn't eligible. Maybe because I cancelled my subscription a few months ago. 

Honored Contributor

I had the one with ads for free when I was getting it from my Sprint account.   I watched some things over a period of time and found the commercials to be fairly short and not frequent.  It didn't bother me at all. Sprint took it away from me (don't get me started on how T-Mobile skrewed up Sprint), but if I were to subscribe again and it cost less I'd go back to the one w/ads.

Honored Contributor

Ok, this is weird - I just got an email from Hulu for $1.99 a month for 12 months.   Same plan w/ads, but directly from Hulu.   I might just do it.  Sprint tried to get me to take it from them for $5.99 a month after they took away the free one but I was so ticked at them I declined.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have a HULU account that I cancelled a few months back, I tried to get this deal and was told I'm ineligible.

Honored Contributor

I'm very annoyed that I'm ineligible for this offer, it clearly states you don't have to be a new subscriber.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  I did this yesterday,but   could not activated on my tv,so canceled.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

The fine print says if you've canceled in the last three months you aren't eligible. That's why I couldn't either. Bummer!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I have a HULU account that I cancelled a few months back, I tried to get this deal and was told I'm ineligible.

@Jordan2   When did you cancel your HULU subscription?  You cannot be a subscriber in the past 3 months.  People will try to do this-cancel when a special offer comes up and try to re-subscribe.  HULU doesn't allow that.  I'm not saying you are trying to do this; just explaining what HULU considers the time limit when you cancelled.

GMA isn't offering this; HULU is.  GMA is promoting it but HULU offers these deals all the time.

This isn't an ad for GMA only; it is an ad for HULU which INCLUDES GMA as one of the shows offered.

I have the no-ad subscription and GMA is on it, although only for this current season. So you would only be able to watch shows in 2020 anyway.

I don't watch GMA but normally shows air the next day on HULU.

I cannot say how long the ads are since we don't have them.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh