Respected Contributor

GLOVES.....Think outside the box....

DH found gloves today at WalMart....in the garden department.  Found gardening gloves and a pack of plastic ones....better than nothing at this point !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: GLOVES.....Think outside the box....

What do you need gloves for?  I just wash my hands.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I saw my brother today and he was walking around with a work glove in his pocket and using it to open doors

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We were looking for some food safe gloves since we use them in the kitchen. DH uses them with all the cooking outside he does. All I could find was a case of 10 boxes of 100 or 1000 total from Amazon. I bought them for $38. At least we won't be looking for food safe gloves for a long time. LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

If you need to go out, use disposable gloves to open doors, press elevator buttons, pay for prescriptions,  touch money, etc.  I keep a package in the car.  Prior to getting into your vehicle take them off and discard.  I keep a freezer bag to put used gloves in and discard in the trash.  Wash hands as soon as you get home.

Beauty supply places usually have disposable gloves if other stores are out.

Honored Contributor

I have a box of 400 pairs of gloves that I was sent by accident by an Amazon seller.  I've never used a single one of them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have a box of 400 pairs of gloves that I was sent by accident by an Amazon seller.  I've never used a single one of them.

@Kachina624   Looks like you are all set then😉

Valued Contributor

I used a pair this morning when I polished my car.  I use them for all sorts of random things around the house.  Especially things that will make me have to scrub and scrub my nails to get them clean (staining the front door for example).  I figure they might come in handy at the gas station.  Easier on the skin than sanitizer and soap and water (but I always wash my hands when I remove the gloves anyway).  

Respected Contributor

I think your DH did good. Like you said better than nothing. Stay well.😉

Honored Contributor

DH and I bought a box Saturday at Home Depot in the paint department. 

We bought paint and it it dawned on me to buy more gloves.  I use them for multiple jobs around the house.

As we were rounding the corner from the light bulb aisle the workers were setting up a display of toilet paper and paper towels. Who would have thought it?