Esteemed Contributor

I watched part of a clearance show the other night and part of a show on Q2 last night.  I just don't get it.

LR started the brand years ago as knockoffs of high end items.  Now Jill is the creative director and it sounds as if she designs everything.  It seems like this brand is targeting a specific, limited group of women.  I don't understand skin tight clothing, never did.  Most of us don't live in NY, LA, or other trendy areas.  We are pretty much real women who like nice things but don't have unlimited budgets.  

And, this is another brand that the Q is really pushing.  From the items I've seen recently, I think I will just stay with Isaac, Joan, and D&Co.

I don't want this to become nasty, I just don't understand why it changed so drastically.

Honored Contributor

@grandma r

I have no idea but you might get more opinions about this on the Fashion Board.

Honored Contributor

It was always my understanding that the GILI brand was started by QVC and not by any host or rep. There is a design team behind the brand. LR was the first host to launch it.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It was always my understanding that the GILI brand was started by QVC and not by any host or rep. There is a design team behind the brand. LR was the first host to launch it.

LR has a lot of imput in the designs from what I understand.  Or was she just acting like she did?

Honored Contributor

@grandma rSometimes I think it's that, overall, the market for clothing among the older generations is more limited than among working women and younger buyers.

I know I'm no where near the same buyer I was when I was working or even when I was still traveling often during my first decade of retirement.  QVC would disappear if they tried to make it on what I buy in clothes and jewelry.

As long as they keep some lines I like, that works for me.  Like you, I don't want the short and tight, but there's a larket for that.  I also don't want flouncy layers ala Logo, but there's a market for that.  I don't even want Louis' professional classics line, but, yes, there's also that market.

In my thinking, QVC is like a department store and I'm never using some of the departments, but I don't no matter where I go to shop.  Never did.

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

LR has a lot of imput in the designs from what I understand.  Or was she just acting like she did?

I have no idea what LR does. Since Jill is the creative director of the brand then my guess is she would be the person who takes care of the design and direction of GILI.

Honored Contributor

Jill says on air she is the designer. I too think that brand is more for the younger working woman who lives in a city or for younger hip women who want to dress smart. I'm a boomer and if I buy clothes on QVC it's Denim & Co.or SG.

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

So LR still works for QVC?

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Jill says on air she is the designer. I too think that brand is more for the younger working woman who lives in a city or for younger hip women who want to dress smart. I'm a boomer and if I buy clothes on QVC it's Denim & Co.or SG.

I wonder why the brand doesn't have her name in it or at least make reference to her name in the title on the items sold under the GILI brand if she was THE designer? I think it's more of her directing a team of designers more than anything. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: GILI. I'M CONFUSED

[ Edited ]

So many callers would want to know what Lisa was wearing - clothes, jewelry, shoes, make-up, skin care etc.  Q asked if she would like to design items like she owned and liked.  Lisa made up the name Got It Love It and everything was picked and designed by her.   Q of course the would not let her use expensive, luxury mediums but she made it work.  LIsa never made any extra money from extra time or items sold.  When she left Jill Martin was a tv person and they asked her to come in because Q thinks it's audience adores celebs.  Thus the Kardashian, Jessica Simpson and Oprah revolts with shopping their items.

Jessica Simpson's items are nice in the stores but she fell apart at Q.

I digress.