Respected Contributor

@MaRina It does have to be just after midnight! Much more frightening now than at noon! lol

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Trusted Contributor

Re: GHOST STORIES.......

[ Edited ]

I found a picture in my phone of me sleeping.  I live alone.

Esteemed Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

I love this stuff! 

I've told this story here before.  When my daughter was about 8 we had a cat go missing.  My daughter would say she could see him sitting behind her in the full length mirror in her bedroom,but she'd turn around and he wasn't there. I told her she only wished he was there,it was her imagination. A few weeks later as my daughter was walking into the bathroom,I saw that cat walking behind her. It was fuzzy and see through but I know what I saw.  The cat took one step behind her and was gone. This is something I will never ever forget.

I see the critters too, especially in my house.  I have cats but these are ghost cats. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

I love this stuff! 

I've told this story here before.  When my daughter was about 8 we had a cat go missing.  My daughter would say she could see him sitting behind her in the full length mirror in her bedroom,but she'd turn around and he wasn't there. I told her she only wished he was there,it was her imagination. A few weeks later as my daughter was walking into the bathroom,I saw that cat walking behind her. It was fuzzy and see through but I know what I saw.  The cat took one step behind her and was gone. This is something I will never ever forget.

I see the critters too, especially in my house.  I have cats but these are ghost cats. 

I have seen shadow or ghost kitties in our home, a few times.

The shadow kitties that I have seen, I think have been ones that have been ours. I have seen one in particular, jump up on our guest bed, like it was familiar with it and knew where it was.

Our previous kitties liked to especially sleep on our beds, so that is why I am thinking that it was one of them. This shadow kitty never materialised enough where I could see it better to see which one it was, though.

It just stayed a soft, misty kind of shadow, where you could definitely see enough of a dark outline to know for sure that it was the shadow of a cat, but at the same time, to not know specifically what kind of cat that it was. 

I am re-pasting a story that I told here before about a ghost kitty experience that I had, just about a year ago now.

It still stays fresh in my mind. I saw one of our kitties who had passed away many years ago. He came back for a visit last Fall. I haven't seen him since then.

Here was my experience, and this is the post and the story as I told it:

"I posted in one of the last threads about these types of experiences that was posted around Halloween, I think.

One of my most recent experiences had to do with seeing a "ghost kitty" in our home. Cat Happy

At first I didn't know if it was a kitty that just happened to be passing through, or if it was specifically one of ours that had previously passed, and that was coming back to pay us a visit.

It would pass by in our main hallway in a flash at times, that I couldn't tell at first, but at one point it walked by me where I could definitely see its colors enough to know for sure that it was one of ours that had passed away about 15 years ago.

We used to call him "Flopsy," because he used to love to flop over and roll around on the floor and be rubbed! LOL!! Smiley LOL

I had a feeling that it was him anyway, as he was hanging out here in our home, in all of his exact favorite places that he would occupy while he was still alive. 

The first time that I knew that he was here, I just saw his shadow, but it was very clear.

He was hanging around my piano bench, and had been on the bench. I did not have my piano when he was alive. I got it a few months after he had died. The piano is near our balcony window, and he used to love laying by the balcony, in the sunshine.

I clearly saw his shadow stretch as he jumped down off of the bench. I just happened to be turning my head towards the balcony when I saw this happen. It was sunny enough outside where I could see his shadow against the balcony blinds. It was not our Toppers, as she was asleep in the back bedroom at the time that this had happened.

Flopsy was a small, quiet, black and white tuxedo kitty. 

It was about two days later when I was sitting in our recliner, and Toppers was across from me, sleeping on the end of our love seat.

I heard the loudest little "meow" to the left of me, near the floor. It sounded just like our little Flopsy. He was such a quiet little thing, but he could really raise his meow if he wanted you to hear him! I just heard him, but I didn't see anything.

Over the course of the next few days, I would catch Toppers staring intently over at the balcony at times, over by the piano bench, like she was really looking at something. I went over to look at it, and there were all of these little dusty paw prints on it. I figured that Flopsy was there, hanging out on there. The prints were small, like his paws were.

I thought that it was interesting that Toppers didn't get up and go over there to see what he was doing, nor did he come over to bother her.

That was the kind of cat that he was when he was alive-he pretty much kept to himself, but would come by you when he wanted to give you some affection.

When I would be in our main bathroom, I would see his apparition move up or down the hall really quickly, like a fast flash of black color, except for the one time when he was going down the hall slowly enough where I could clearly identify him. It was kind of freaky that particular time, because I could only see his back half walking by. 

He was headed towards our main bedroom.

I was in our main bedroom sitting by the bed one evening, and I saw him come up on the bed. I saw a blur of black and white. He used to like to go up on our bed and sleep on it.

I was so happy to get the opportunity to see him for awhile. He stayed around for several days, but I haven't seen him since then."

Honored Contributor

Amazing how many people have had experiences with stuff.

I wish Stephen King would write a book on more ghostly stuff instead of just regular people having problems, etc. blah, blah

Honored Contributor

@Imadickens wrote:

Gosh, I have so many stories! Here are a few...

My father passed away when my dd was just two. He travel a lot for work, and lived far away the last year he lived, so my dd didn't see him much. One day, a few months after he died she was playing in her room, just off our den. My mom and I were chatting and heard my dd talking. When she came out to see us my mom asked her who she was speaking to. She said, "Papa! He said he loves us and he misses us!" She had no way of really understanding about death or that he wasn't just working. Plus, he never said anything like that to her or spoke to her when he was traveling!

For years after that my mom and I kept "feeling" he was around. Not knowing if it were he, or something else was a little scarey! One night I finally said to her, " If that is daddy, I wish he'd let us know for sure!" Immediately after that we heard a loud crash upstairs in her bedroom! We ran up, worried my dd had pulled something over on her, or broken something (she was now 6!). When we got there my baby picture that had hung on her wall for years had fallen. When we picked it up, there was absolutely no reason it fell! The hook was in the wall, undisturbed, and the wire on the frame was intact! No reason whatsoever it should have fallen!

My mom died about 14 years later. As she was truly my soul mate, I missed her terribly. I would go lay down on her sofa every afternoon after work, so I'd feel close to her. One day, I was really missing her and while speaking to her (in my mind, as always) I told her I missed her and wished she were still with me. Clear as a bell I heard her say, "I'm right behind you!" It was so clear I actually turned around to look!

From my maternal grandmother down to my kids we all have things like these happen. Fortunately it's usually a loved one, trying to comfort us. Once, though, we moved to a new house when I was 9. The first night in the house I went to bed and my parents unpacked downstairs. I was about to fall asleep and turned over in bed. Suddenly I began screaming! I had seen a woman in a long, white, dress standing outside my bedroom watching me. By the time my parents got there, she was gone. They convinced me I had been dreaming. Years later my mom told me that the next day after I saw the woman, while I was at school, my mom was working in the kitchen, and sensing someone was there, turned around to see if my dad were home for lunch early. When she did, she screamed and dropped a glass dish she was holding. It was the woman in the white dress. She never told me so I wouldn't be afraid, but the woman appeared a few more times while we lived in that house!

Now, I find I'm sensative to "beings" while looking at other houses to buy. Some, like the other poster, I simply won't go upstairs or in the basement!

Did you ever follow up on who may have lived in the house before you all ? Get the history of the place? etc.

Trusted Contributor

I have never had a paranormal experience in my life, even played with the "dreaded" Ouija Board. Maybe some of us are not open to the paranormal. Maybe is the itent one uses any board game etc. I have enjoyed those TV shows since the very beginning, before all the ghost hunting and haunted collector type shows were even popular. I like Dead Files and Haunted Collector. Seems lately I have been getting bored with them....always same theme, different places, different faces. My DH teases me with "Did you hear that?" LOLOL.

We have lived on a Civil War battlefield for 9 years, nothing paranormal happening that I am aware of and hope not to see anything "spooky" or I can imagine some racing stripes be happening LOLOL.

Used to love that show "Ghost Hunters" and "Paranormal State" too but I do not believe most of the contrived and sketchy evidence presented that can be easily manipulated. I did LOVE hearing the ghost tales each of you have to offer though. I love telling ghost tales but I only have one and no evidence found. I traveled to Virginia City Nevada to the Old Washoe Club and went ont he ghost tour. Everyone swore every ball of light was an orb and they heard sounds I never heard LOL. Was a very historic place complete with the trappings of Zak Bagans of Ghost Adventures shirt he wore filming his show there. I dont know if I would spend a night alone at all those historic places in Nevada but nothing happened to make me believe. Call me an open minded skeptic LOL

I am a consultant to stop would-be ghost hunters from disrespecting native sacred burial sites and doing thier "ghost seeking" without permission from tribal elders. The repurcussions and dangers of ghost hunting groups has been increasing as of lately.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Toppers

LOL! "Ghost Kitties!"

I cannot tell you how many times I have been awakened by a cat walking across my feet at the end of the bed! Wake up smiling and look for the culprit, thinking it's one of the two we currently have, only to discover there is nothing. No cat.

At which point I always say "Thank you Booter!" Booter was my darling Scottish Fold who started my love affair with cats!

I am comforted knowing he's around me!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

@Toppers

LOL! "Ghost Kitties!"

I cannot tell you how many times I have been awakened by a cat walking across my feet at the end of the bed! Wake up smiling and look for the culprit, thinking it's of of the two we currently have, only to discover there is nothing. No cat.

At which point I always say "Thank you Booter!" Booter was my darling Scottish Fold who started my love affair with cats!

Hi @Jacie,

LOL! I know! I don't know what else to call them! Smiley Very Happy Heart

The first time that I saw one, was from our main bathroom, as it is right across from our second bedroom. That is when I saw the one shadow kitty moving around in there, getting ready to jump up on our bed.

I was like, "Hmm...Am I seeing a black shadow of a kitty, getting ready to jump up from the floor onto the bed?!!"

I have been seeing things since I was younger.

I recently recalled a conversation that I had with my Mom, back when I was about seventeen years old. I timidly approached her, and I said, "Mom, I'm seeing people..."

She sighed and said, "I was afraid of that...I'm not surprised. On our side of the family, we all have that ability."

It was like she was resigned to it. She sighed because I think that she knew that it could also be frightening if you saw something that seemed scarey to you. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Toppers wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

@Toppers

LOL! "Ghost Kitties!"

I cannot tell you how many times I have been awakened by a cat walking across my feet at the end of the bed! Wake up smiling and look for the culprit, thinking it's of of the two we currently have, only to discover there is nothing. No cat.

Hi @Jacie,

LOL! I know! I don't know what else to call them! Smiley Very Happy Heart

The first time that I saw one, was from our main bathroom, as it is right across from our second bedroom. That is when I saw the one shadow kitty moving around in there, getting ready to jump up on our bed.

I was like, "Hmm...Am I seeing a black shadow of a kitty, getting ready to jump up from the floor onto the bed?!!"

I have been seeing things since I was younger.

I recently recalled a conversation that I had with my Mom, back when I was about seventeen years old. I timidly approached her, and I said, "Mom, I'm seeing people..."

She sighed and said, "I was afraid of that...I'm not surprised. On our side of the family, we all have that ability."

It was like she was resigned to it. She sighed because I think that she knew that it could also be frightening if you saw something that seemed scarey to you. 

@ToppersI think if you are open to it, they show up! A year or so ago, I had fireplace door open as I was warming myself on the bench in front of it. I looked into one of the doors and there was Booter marching towards me from the side! My head spun to look and of course, there was nothing. Again I just smiled, I love his visits!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield