Honored Contributor

GHOST STORIES.......

[ Edited ]

Ghost Story thread. Love that stuff !

When does Dead Files come back on. Repeat tonight

Respected Contributor

Looks like you just started one. 

I totally believe ghosts. Once my sister woke up in the middle of the night to see this young boy,dressed in a straw hat and knickers and holding a wire hoop toy, and beside him was  a man in period clothes as well. They were at the foot of her bed.  She said got scared, blinked,and they were still there. She shut her eyes as tightly as she could, pulled covers over her head,and sleep finally came.  The next morning she had a bite mark on the back of her calf....top and bottom teeth. I saw that bite mark. No way she could have bitten herself there.   She was in college but home for summer break,so she was old enough to know what it was.

Honored Contributor

Re: Somebody start a

[ Edited ]

@SharkE

Yep, you just started one!

How about changing the thread title to reflect, "Ghost Stories"

and let the games begin!!!

Do you mean TV shows? Or real life stuff?

Honored Contributor

My family has experienced some supernatural things over the years.

When we were little and rented an upstairs flat, Ma used to see a man periodically walk up the back stairs, tip his head (as an acknowledgement) and then head up to the attic.  After seeing this a few times she approached the landlady.  Apparently he was the previous owner of the house and he hanged himself in the attic.  

We were caretakers of a funeral home for 7 years - we lived in the residence above the funeral home.  You'd think that place would have been rife with supernatural activity.  I don't recall anything particularly weird happening other than the occasional slammed door - no windows open or breeze/wind throughout the house.  I'd have to ask my sisters if they remember anything.

Next house we lived in had some spirit who thought it was funny to turn lights off.  I'm not talking about a bulb burning out or a short.  I mean, every one of us being downstairs and hearing someone walk across the upstairs floor and turn light switches on or off.  I think my Ma saw a spirit in the basement of that house.

The house my eldest sister lived in, down the street from my parents had the spirit of the lady who lived there before visit.  Anna saw her once or twice.  My uncle Paul, who we saw infrequently - dude lived out of state, showed up in Anna's livingroom a week or so before he died.

My poor sister saw that, called my Ma hysterical and Ma had to run down there. 

When Anna moved, me and my middle sister moved into the house.  I didn't see the old lady however one time my dog was getting ready to walk from the kitchen into the living room and he stopped at the threshold, his hair stood up in a stripe down his back (dog looked like a Rhodesian Ridgeback except he wasn't).  He was rooted in one spot.  I got up, could see nothing with my eyes and said, God Bless You Misses.  If you are visiting, please don't upset my dog, he doesn't understand.

It never happened again.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I do NOT go looking for paranormal experiences, but there have been two times where I am convinced that I was visited by family members that have passed on.

Honored Contributor

Every couple of months I hear three loud knocks on the ceiling on my right side while in bed.  I heard it in my former apartment too, so it's not the apartment.  I refuse to take it seriously.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I can't think of any . I must say I am glad about too

Trusted Contributor

Love this!  Here's my story!  I worked as a secretary in a funeral home for a few years.  Our offices were upstairs in a old home and this particular day I was alone ~ or so I thought.  I distinctly heard a woman's voice call out my name.  Clear as a bell, 'Julie!'  At first I thought one of the guys was playing a joke on me.  I checked the parking lot ~ my car was the only one there.  I called one of the funeral directors ~ they were all at the cemetery.  I even called the lady who does hair & makeup but she was home ~ not at the funeral home that day.  I know what I heard.  Creepy, but kind of cool at the same time.  It wasn't threatening, just sounded like someone trying to get my attention.  Believe me, they got it!  :-) 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@SharkE

Yep, you just started one!

How about changing the thread title to reflect, "Ghost Stories"

and let the games begin!!!

Do you mean TV shows? Or real life stuff?

Anything is fine by me. Real life stuff is the best. I love Folklore too

You know like if you stand in front of a mirror and repeat a name she appears. "mary" Mary' something like that. 'Bloody Mary'. I seen that movie long time ago. Based on true folklore I believe.

This is Halloweenie month ! Let's get it on !

^hall.png

Esteemed Contributor

I love this stuff! 

I've told this story here before.  When my daughter was about 8 we had a cat go missing.  My daughter would say she could see him sitting behind her in the full length mirror in her bedroom,but she'd turn around and he wasn't there. I told her she only wished he was there,it was her imagination. A few weeks later as my daughter was walking into the bathroom,I saw that cat walking behind her. It was fuzzy and see through but I know what I saw.  The cat took one step behind her and was gone. This is something I will never ever forget.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth