Contributor

GETTING MARRIED - QUESTION ON AIRBRUSH MAKEUP

Hello all.  I barely ever post but check the forums daily for things that interest me.  

I'm getting married next month and have decided to do my own makeup.  My question is have any of you had experience with airbrushed makeup.  I mean the one you use the dispensing unit which blows the makeup on your face.  I was planning on purchasing one and was hoping for some good pointers on which one is best to use.  I want my makeup to last all day.

Thanks so much!

Honored Contributor

Re: GETTING MARRIED - QUESTION ON AIRBRUSH MAKEUP

Congratulations and best wishes on your upcoming wedding.

I've had air brushing done professionally and loved it.  Our DIL purchased her own system and gave up on it as it kept clogging up on her.

Try posting this in the Beauty forum as there are a lot of make-up experts there.

Respected Contributor

Try posting this on the beauty forum-lots of action going on overr there and very knowledgable people.

QVC sells a system called Temptu-the handheld one. Runs about 200.00. You might want a professional makeup artistto do your makeup as opposed to purchasing an expensive unit.

Valued Contributor

Big congrats Spinach!  I would like to think of myself as something of a make up connoisseur.  We all feel comfortable with different mediums and application techniques, but personally, I feel as though the air brushing thing is a bit of a gimmick.  And I don't use any special brush or sponge to apply my foundation either.  I just use my fingers.  You know Brenda the Q model?  First of all, what a beautiful human being on the outside as well as the inside.  Anyway, I met her at a live broadcast and she commented on how my skin looked like silk (and, let me tell ya, my skin ain't that great).  But I hear that on a regular basis.  I use Make UP For Ever HD Foundation.  A little goes a long way, and just blend, blend, blend.  Always set with the coordinating HD powder and you're good to go!  I must add that this brand did just recently update the formula and I have yet to try it (still working on my last bottle of the old formula).  But I have faith in this brand so I'm sure it's still a winner.  Whatever you choose, enjoy your special day!!  I'm sure you'll look just lovely.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Congrats .... but have your makeup professionally done.   You won't regret it.

Respected Contributor

I had a unit briefly, I can not remember which one.  It was about $150.00

I can not say the finish was much better than what I apply with a large foundation brush.

I will say I did NOT think the make-up lasted any longer than the make-up I always wear.

I actually thought it wore terribly.

If I could use my favorite make-up brand/formula with the airbrush system that would be different.......  On second thought the cleaning of the system was a pain.

Super Contributor

My daughter got married 2 years ago.  She had her make-up done professionally.  It was so worth it.  The woman used an air brush applicator on her.  I don't know the model or make.  It was so worth it.  My daughter was also attacked by her cat the day before and had stratches all over her cheek.  They disappeared with concealer and her magic.  The contouring, etc. that make-up professionals can do is unbelievable.  I highly recommend trying to fit this into your budget.  

Esteemed Contributor

seems to me that by the time you purchase a air brush applicator you could just pay to have the airbrushing professionally done by someone who is experienced I. The technique must have a learning curve in order to get it applied perfectly.  Not something I would want to tackle on my wedding day.

Contributor

I agree that you should have your makeup professionally done. That way it will last all day and into the night. Back in the day (1971 for me) most of us did our own makeup and you can tell in the pictures that the pretty bridal look I  had at the beginning had faded after about 6 hours! Most of the brides I see now, along with their mothers, get their makeup done and they look fantastic all night. It's worth the splurge, IMO

Honored Contributor

I agree with those who advised a professional makeup artist, we did that when my daughter got married 2 years ago.  It was well worth the money.  We looked amazing all day but most importantly, a professional knew how to make us look our best in the pictures and video.  It was well worth the money.