Respected Contributor

Re: GETTING MARRIED - QUESTION ON AIRBRUSH MAKEUP

[ Edited ]

Dear OP, I got married in 2012 and went through the same dilemma. 

I did purchase an airbrush system I believe it was the temptu and I did not like it at all. Next, I paid for a professional makeup artist to do a trial at my place for both makeup and hair. The hair was great but the airbrush makeup was a disaster. She had great reviews but all she cared about was how I looked in the pictures not in person. She put so much makeup on I looked so bad I had to cancel my next appointment with my photographer. I have pretty clear skin but she would just take pics and see how I looked in those and not in person.

I ended up going to Sephora and Macy's and buying Makeup Forever foundation and makeup where the nice beauty consultants taught me how to do it. I ended up using my own Revlon PhotoReady foundation and doing it myself and I looked amazing!!! I wish I could post a pic but then I would no longer be anonymous Smiley Sad

My makeup lasted all day because I used Urban Decay's Deslick Mattifying Gel (in the tube). I really took my time to do my foundation then went to get my hair and nails done. When I was done my foundation was still good and then I just had to do to my eye makeup which was a breeze. Don't forget to take your makeup including the glue for the falsies to the reception! 

With a month left you don't have much time. I suggest going to Sephora or Ulta to test out the airbrush kit to see if you like it before you buy. While there try out a look without airbrushing for a plan B. Like I said, I looked perfect in my photos and everyone thinks I was airbrushed. You can take test pics with your photographer the day of the rehearsal if you have one. I did that and it let me know how much makeup I needed to use the next day. 

~Live with Intention~
Contributor

Re: GETTING MARRIED - QUESTION ON AIRBRUSH MAKEUP

Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond.  I think I'll take the suggested route of having a makeup artist do my makeup.  Thanks again!