Honored Contributor

Re: GEORGE AND BARBARA BUSH, AN AMERICAN LOVE STORY

G & B

G & B

Bush Family

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I think the truely ,sweet thing about the Bushes was their  simplicity and humility. They were sort of like the nations Grandparents, prodding us ,and showing by example, what it means to be a good neighbor..they led by example

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Humble in victory, gracious in defeat

The letter dated January 20, 1993, met Clinton in the Oval Office on his first day as President of the United States. 

'Dear Bill,' Bush penned, opening his message to the Democrat about to succeed him as president.

'When I walked into this office just now I felt the same sense of wonder and respect that I felt four years ago. I know you will feel that, too.

'I wish you great happiness here. I never felt the loneliness some Presidents have described. There will be very tough times, made even more difficult by criticism you may not think is fair. I'm not a very good one to give advice; but just don't let the critics discourage you or push you off course.

'You will be our [our is underlined] President when you read this note. I wish you well. I wish your family well.

'Your success now is our country's success. I am rooting hard for you.

'Good Luck - George.'

Honored Contributor

@cherry.....that had to be one of the most difficult letters he had to write.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ShowMe  I think there was mutual respect, and affection ,between these 2 men. They worked on projects together ,and always seemed happy in each others company.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@ShowMe  I think her was mutual respect, and affection ,between these 2 men. They worked on projects together ,and always seemed happy in each others company.

@cherry......I agree.  They did work well together.

President Bush was loved by so many......that came out in the shows on CNN last night.  Even President Obama loved him a lot too.....went to see him this past week.