Esteemed Contributor

Re: GAs prices-why still so high?

Law of supply and demand.

If something is in short supply, and there is high demand for it, I really wouldn't expect them to sell it at dollar store prices.

It just aint gonna happen, and if anyone thinks that that is going to happen, then they are living in a fools paradise.

Charging $50 for a gallon of water or gas or a loaf of bread is price gouging.

Charging $4 - $5 for a gallon of gas is not.

And by the way, I got y'all beat on price of gas.

I pay $3.29 per gallon on regular unleaded here in California.

That isn't "price gouging".

That's reality.

Honored Contributor

Yes, well the gas taxes in CA are high, and that's the states fault not the fuel companies. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom wrote:

Yes, well the gas taxes in CA are high, and that's the states fault not the fuel companies. 

@jaxs mom

I"m not blaming the fuel companies for my gas being $3.29/gal.

But since other people was throwing out there how much they were paying at the pump, that I would throw out there how much I am paying.

$3.29/gal makes 2.80/ gal look like chump change.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE Supply & demand always has & will determine prices. Of course there are greedy people who take advantage of shortages but they bought at normal prices to make money. Gas companies make little profit on a gallon of gas, they aren't taking advantage of people. Building supplies & other goods always go up during shortages, the added cost of production to meet supply cost money. Drug companies have the cost of research & all the medical advances we are lucky to have cost money. The creep who bought the EpiPen company was stopped in his tracks from ripping people off & the cost of drugs have raised since the ACA. We have a great life in this country because of competition between companies & when it isn't interfered with it works well.... companies are not evil or greedy.

Honored Contributor

We are paying $2.79 a gallon here in southern WV.

Respected Contributor

Ours are down about $.20 from their high,

Esteemed Contributor

Following the hurricane, a friend in Dallas was paying $9.00 for diesel in her Mercedes. And it was very, very difficult to find. She was fighting with big truckers for fuel. Smiley Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

The cost of a gallon of gas in its crude state is approximately $1.19 now

The rest is wholesale profit, retail profit and taxes.

In Alabama the price of a gallon of gas will fluctuate from county to county, I know it fluctuates from one state to another, due to taxes.

Federal gas tax is $0.18, most states charge at least that much and more for tax

Honored Contributor

Ours dropped. Was $2.47 last week and I filled up yesterday at $2.32.  Since I bought my small SUV, I only fill up once a month.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate