Esteemed Contributor

GAs prices-why still so high?

GAs prices went way up when Harvey shut down some refineries.  ARe those refineries still not functioning because gas prices are still sky high after several weeks?

Honored Contributor

Re: GAs prices-why still so high?

Profits?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know anything about the oil industry.  However, gas stations always raise prices right away after an incident that affects supply, even though the gas they're selling wasn't bought at a higher price.  Then they're slow to drop them.  When you drive a lot, it gets very annoying.

Respected Contributor

Prices went up a few weeks ago.  I noticed they came down for a few days, and they are starting to creep back up.

The prices can change several times during the day...

Honored Contributor

price gouging,

bet lumber has went up , also. Roofing materials, etc.

When I lived in Ind. before 2010 we had gotten one bid to replace some shingles. Then,  strong winds off of a hurricane came along had some damage from the winds all the way up to Ind.

when we got # 2 we were shocked to see after the hurricane thousand miles away price of materials had went way up even local.

Greed. it's what the world is made of.  History proves it.

Honored Contributor

The prices went up about twenty cents and then they went down.

Honored Contributor

It isn't just about refineries and there are 3 not functioning at all.

According to AAA, dated today, the national average price is $2.561.

Prices are dropping but not as quickly as some feel they should be dropping.  October is expected to see more declining gasoline prices.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

$2.44 yesterday for regular gas.

it is down approximately 20 cents since it went up.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Things aren't always up and running right away after a hurricane. My son has been working 15-18 hour days. We asked him why. He said his company is filling orders for Texas prisons for their drug needs. He works for a company that fills pharmacy orders.

He is still working those crazy hours and I have no idea when it will end. I guess when the Texas companies are up and running again.

Honored Contributor

It's within the realm of normal where I am in Texas, it was 2.20ish this week. Just prior to the hurricane it just under 2 dollars a gallon but a 10% fluctuation is pretty common where I am. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval