Esteemed Contributor

Re: GAMERS you have a new home!

I would like to be added to the Gamers section as well!

I also want to thank you for creating a separate section but I don't understand why we have to "sign up".  Can't you just add a board under the Forums and let people find it naturally?  After all, we didn't have to sign up for any of the other boards under Forums.....they were just automatically there.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

I would like to be added also. Thanks.

Super Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I would like to be added to the Gamers section as well!

I also want to thank you for creating a separate section but I don't understand why we have to "sign up".  Can't you just add a board under the Forums and let people find it naturally?  After all, we didn't have to sign up for any of the other boards under Forums.....they were just automatically there.

Hi @shoptilyadropagain,

You are now added to the Gamers category.

If we make this category open to the public then the activity of the few will take over the list of active topics. In the previous forums we were able to allow for certain categories to only be seen by those in that specific category without impacting the rest of the Community.

In this new forum platform our only option is to hide the category from everyone and provide access to those customers who want to play. 

If we made the category public to everyone then there would be a large negative response from the majority of the Community that is not interested in playing.

I hope this explanation makes sense.

Enjoy your games!

Trusted Contributor

My fave games were "Cities beginning  with an "A", then "B" (forgot how it was worded)' Medical issues (forgot what it was called) beginning with an "A", then "B"....And "Cities" of a particular state...1-5.....Like Pennsylvania and people would list 5 cities in PA, then someone would  name another state......Thanks!

Contributor

I'm happy that the gamers have their own forum now; yet to me it looks like you just created an exclusive club. How will people ever know it exist if it is hidden.

It deserves to be listed in the open; people come and go on these forums.

Frequent Contributor

Please add my profile to the gamers new home!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Dear Keyai,

Thank you for getting back to me promptly, and for the explanation. I appreciate your request to list my favorite games, so here goes:

Musical Chairs -- 3 different threads
Songs with names in the title
Songs with the pronoun "you" or "me" in the title
Songs with the word "love" in the title
Songs with places in the title
Songs with weather conditions or seasons in the title
Old names or ones hardly heard much
Words that were not heard 100 years ago
ETA: Songs with methods of transportation in the title

Thanks again so much for your help, as l now understand that this is not an easy task!

Handygal
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

@suzette wrote:

I'm happy that the gamers have their own forum now; yet to me it looks like you just created an exclusive club. How will people ever know it exist if it is hidden.

It deserves to be listed in the open; people come and go on these forums.

Hi @suzette,

We understand your concern (exclusive club) and will make it more public when it will not frustrate the rest of the Community. If we open this category to everyone then the majority of the Community that does not participate will be impacted. We are trying to address the needs of everyone the best way we can with the tools we have available.

All are welcome to play. There is no approval process to get access, we just need to be notified.

I hope this helps explain the situation we are trying to resolve for everyone that is impacted.

Honored Contributor

sign me up

Honored Contributor

Sign me up!