Contributor

Re: GAMERS you have a new home!

You cannot see the gamers category if you are not logged in. What purpose does that serve?

Sometimes I like to read the games just to see the answers but I don't want to participate. Why should I have to login?

Ridiculous!

Respected Contributor

@Keyai-QVC wrote:

@suzette wrote:

I'm happy that the gamers have their own forum now; yet to me it looks like you just created an exclusive club. How will people ever know it exist if it is hidden.

It deserves to be listed in the open; people come and go on these forums.

Hi @suzette,

We understand your concern (exclusive club) and will make it more public when it will not frustrate the rest of the Community. If we open this category to everyone then the majority of the Community that does not participate will be impacted. We are trying to address the needs of everyone the best way we can with the tools we have available.

All are welcome to play. There is no approval process to get access, we just need to be notified.

I hope this helps explain the situation we are trying to resolve for everyone that is impacted.

People only cared when they were all in the Community Chat.  Now that they have their own forum I doubt anyone would object to it being public.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

If it isn't too late, I would like to be added to the Gamers forum. Thank you! 😀
Honored Contributor

@Keyai-QVC wrote:

If we make this category open to the public then the activity of the few will take over the list of active topics. In the previous forums we were able to allow for certain categories to only be seen by those in that specific category without impacting the rest of the Community.

In this new forum platform our only option is to hide the category from everyone and provide access to those customers who want to play. 

If we made the category public to everyone then there would be a large negative response from the majority of the Community that is not interested in playing.

I hope this explanation makes sense.

Enjoy your games!

The explanation makes sense, but what doesn't make sense is why QVC chose a software program that didn't allow for some of the features that were in the previous program.

Perhaps some of the engineers are working on this and can reprogram this new program with those features that were very welcome aspects previously.

Keeping fingers crossed!  Thank you for what you have done so far.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Keyai-QVC wrote:

If we make this category open to the public then the activity of the few will take over the list of active topics. In the previous forums we were able to allow for certain categories to only be seen by those in that specific category without impacting the rest of the Community.

In this new forum platform our only option is to hide the category from everyone and provide access to those customers who want to play. 

If we made the category public to everyone then there would be a large negative response from the majority of the Community that is not interested in playing.

I hope this explanation makes sense.

Enjoy your games!

The explanation makes sense, but what doesn't make sense is why QVC chose a software program that didn't allow for some of the features that were in the previous program.

Perhaps some of the engineers are working on this and can reprogram this new program with those features that were very welcome aspects previously.

Keeping fingers crossed!  Thank you for what you have done so far.

Hi @GingerPeach,

We had to make some tough decisions about what we could keep versus what we could live without in order to bring you the best possible experience for the future. The ignore feature is one option customers had in the past that is no longer available in the current experience. If we could have kept everything from the past we would have and just added the additional features needed (i.e. SPAM control). 

I realize from the many negative comments that many have not yet seen the value of the changes. I am hopeful that this will change with help from my team, and the AMAZING support being provided by the Community members who are learning the features quickly. 

Thanks for your patience while we continue to get things cleaned up.

Esteemed Contributor

I see some have been notified but not me.

Could you also put back the 6 letter game --take 2 letters out and add 2.  Thank you.

Oh by the way what does the red heart mean?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@halfpint wrote:

I see some have been notified but not me.

Could you also put back the 6 letter game --take 2 letters out and add 2.  Thank you.

Oh by the way what does the red heart mean?

Hi @halfpint1

Sorry about that, you are added now.

I'll search for the game you listed above and move it over if it is not too large (anything over 2000 replies requires some work from an engineer to move.

Hearting a post lets the author know you liked what they wrote. If it is red it means you can click on it. You will see a number next to the heart indicating how many other people liked the same post.

Contributor

Please add.

Super Contributor

@Jazzygurl you are added.

Have fun!

Respected Contributor

Add me too, and please get the rest of the gamers over there too. Thank you.

mm

@

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".