Respected Contributor

Re: Future VACATION plans - what are you planning?

Cruising the southern Caribbean in October. One of my favorite itineraries.

Valued Contributor

Going to Duck, NC for 9 days starting September 6th. Very bittersweet, my DH passed April 4, from complications from a kidney transplant after 2 1/2 years of dialysis. I always took this trip, with my girlfriend, but ou DHs' came part of the time, I have not spent the night away form home since he started dialysis, I was with him everyday. I am looking forward to the trip, but just thinking about it can bring me to tears. I hope this makes sense, looking forward yet crying!

Esteemed Contributor

Martha, how delightful to look forward to a favorite place. Enjoy every second of it.

fbm -- I'm so glad you're going to make this trip. I trust it will be both cathartic and enjoyable. My heart goes out to you. Big hug.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

On 8/18/2014 ury said:

Martha, how delightful to look forward to a favorite place. Enjoy every second of it.

fbm -- I'm so glad you're going to make this trip. I trust it will be both cathartic and enjoyable. My heart goes out to you. Big hug.

Thank you for your kind words.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

Well in my dreams I would be going back to Aruba. Not happening this year though. Maybe next Spring.

Honored Contributor

I leave in a few weeks with extended family on a much anticipated trip to France! We're going on a river cruise in Provence and then up to Paris for a few days. I'm very excited but hate flying and also a little nervous.

Frequent Contributor

My husband and I are taking a trip by Mayflower tours at the end of Sept.It will be by bus. This year we are taking the Autumn Foliage trip. Last year we took a trip by America by Rail and went up to Canada.I am always on the lookout for different ways to travel and different places to visit.Have fun what ever you do.

Super Contributor

-

Regular Contributor

On 8/18/2014 fbm8282lsm said:

Going to Duck, NC for 9 days starting September 6th. Very bittersweet, my DH passed April 4, from complications from a kidney transplant after 2 1/2 years of dialysis. I always took this trip, with my girlfriend, but ou DHs' came part of the time, I have not spent the night away form home since he started dialysis, I was with him everyday. I am looking forward to the trip, but just thinking about it can bring me to tears. I hope this makes sense, looking forward yet crying!

I am so sorry about your husband. My thoughts and prayers are with you and that you can relax and enjoy your vacation. Dh and I have been married for 25 years and together for 29. Since we were 17. He's everything to me and losing him is unimaginable. So yes. Looking forward to it and being teary eyed makes perfect sense to me. I hope you have a great time. You deserve it! Oh. As far as my vacation goes. Hubby and I are going to moab Utah mountain biking. Sorry I can't make paragraphs. I'm on my phone and I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed so I don't k ow how to fix it!
Esteemed Contributor

What wonderful times ahead for all of you. I love a change of geography, then I love to get back home, too. Again, safe travels and beautiful memories.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau