Honored Contributor

Further to the Amazon Smile Thread There is Also Goodsearch

[ Edited ]

Further to the Amazon Smile thread there is also a site called Goodsearch (which I believe is powered by Yahoo but don't quote me on that).  You can sign up for a given charity and when using their site a penny will be donated for each search you conduct.  It doesn't sound like much but I have donated almost $200 to Service Dog Project since I joined a couple of years ago.  I was concerned about the effectiveness of the searches but compared them to other search engines and have no complaints.  Just something else you can do that can ultimately help those that you care about . . . Heart

eta:  There is also Goodshop where if you enter a given site through their portal a portion of what you spend will be donated to your charity too.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Further to the Amazon Smile Thread There is Also Goodsearch

@momtochloe Wow! Had no idea! I will certianly check it out. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom SDP has daily mail calls on camera and they always announce how much they receive from both Amazon but also Goodsearch and Goodshop.  Many of the checks can be a couple thousand dollars which is huge for any charity and so simple and easy to donate and the more you spread the word, the more money for your cause.  I just leave the Goodsearch window open and that has become my search engine . . . Smiley Happy

eta:  and on a personal note, good thoughts and prayers for your precious granddaughter and also for you and your family.  Heart

Honored Contributor

If Google would do it they and the charities would make a fortune from me. Unfortunately, I'm very picky about search engines. I don't trust all the second through fifth bests. It's not like I totally trust Google, but better the devil you do know...

I've tried using other search engines in the past and it never lasts long.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloeI'm seeing sketchy reviews of Goodsearch, so I'm still wondering about this. Can you send me a good link?

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@momtochloeI'm seeing sketchy reviews of Goodsearch, so I'm still wondering about this. Can you send me a good link?

@PA Mom-mom if you go to Goodsearch.com that should do the trick.  I have never had a problem using that site or Goodshop so I hope folks find this helpful for their given charity.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for this @momtochloe!  I had no idea about either of these, but will start using Goodsearch now.  I just bookmarked it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I must not be using it correctly, because I can only find shopping credits and not just searches.

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloeWhat is SDP?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom if you start at Goodsearch.com, there are a couple of search bars with Goodshop being on top but if you look beneath the Goodshop search bar on the black bar beneath at the very far right you will see Goodsearch which I believe will start you on the process of signing up for your given charity.  Goodness it's been so long I am no longer familiar with the process!