Honored Contributor

Re: Furious at CVS Covid testing

@cozyseeker  "I could not wear my mask to talk to the Pharmacy through the thick glass."

Why not?  confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Junebug54 wrote:

I'm still not getting why she is "furious" at CVS.    Because she had to wait, no hand sanitizer,  what?   Keep sanitizer in you car.. problem solved.  I personally do not think this is a case for the board of health.   

She's furious because (she says) they are using the same drive through window for both Covid testing and normal prescription pickup. And presumably they aren't doing any extraordinary decontaminating between customers. I can see why she would feel blindsided and unsafe. If she had known ahead of time, she could have made a different choice. If she is high risk, all the more reason to be upset.

It's a different kettle of fish to be using the same drive-through window area as someone who suspects they may have Covid, right after the Covid person just left having dropped off their viral swab. I'd feel weird if the same thing happened at a CVS checkout line.

And we should spare a thought for the poor CVS pharmacy workers who are doing this all day long, risking their health. All because we can't get our act together to beat the disease and get rid of it.

Edited to add: OP, Go ahead and complain all you want to whomever you want. Try to change the things that bother you. Don't let anyone silence you with their new weird mantra, "you can't control anyone." If they really believed in giving up all control, they wouldn't be telling other people such as yourself how to react. They would have nothing to say about it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

CVS has a TV ad that says they now have drive through testing. I'm surprised they didn't set up a protocol to keep test samples away from medications ready for pick up. 

I believe that's the issue, proper protocol at the drive through. You know, don't eat where you...

The issue worth calling a board of health or state agency is finding out if CVS is required to adhere to regulations about this. My guess is that they are. Months ago the federal government "hired" CVS to do covid testing.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

You can wear a mask and talk through the glass.

Keep hand sanitizer in your purse.

Come after 1pm if it upsets you.

For me, the wait would be the worst part.

Honored Contributor

@cozyseeker - you sat in line in the drive through for an hour and a half??? (3 cars ahead of you and 30 minutes for each car). 

Why didn't you just park and go inside?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I don't understand why you had to wear a mask to talk to the pharmacist from your car?

And I don't understand why you waited 90 minutes in line?   Unless I'm misunderstanding that part?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Before anyone continues to huff & puff on this thread there's a YouTube that shows the test at a CVS pickup window so search...What's it like to take a COVID-19 test? Ethan Hyman in NC shows it couldn't be more simple & fast, you'll see that only the empty basket is returned inside & you place your test in a seperate drop off box that you pull forward to use. My son recently took the test at his local CVS pickup window in MI & it was the same as the video...like I posted before, a fuss over nothing.

Respected Contributor

I'm of the opinion that in this day and age you need to be your own advocate. You do what you need to do to protect yourself. Nice to hope others may be like minded, but bottom line is safeguard yourself in your own comfort level. You can't control actions of others.

So if there are concerns at a pharmacy drive through, why stop and roll the window down? Just keep on driving. Call the pharmacy for a delivery or have a prescription transferred to another location.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't understand why a person would wait in a pharmacy drive-up lane for almost 1 1/2 hours to pick up a prescription! I would have somehow gotten out of line and left...and then called the pharmacy to find out what in the heck was going on! They should have had signs up with that ridiculous set-up, and at the very least offer a separate lane for prescription pick-up. BTW - I do not wear a mask in my car.....never have and hopefully never will.

Esteemed Contributor

Okay, I want to know how the o/p knew that no one in the cars ahead of her (three!) were not wearing masks.

If one is taking a test for Covid, I hate to break it to her, but one needs to remove their mask in order to get tested.

I never wear a mask while I'm driving. That's just stupid.

Waiting 1 1/2 hours in line is just dumb.

That's totally on the o/p.

100%.

That was her choice to stay in line that long.

CVS didn't force her to do that.

She could have just parked, gone in, and picked up her prescription.

Maybe she should save herself the stress, and just have her meds delivered.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.