Respected Contributor

Funny toothbrush story at Costco

Well, get this.  I recently bought a Phillips sonic care toothbrush at Costco. The package came with two toothbrushes. I opened  the box and put one on the charger. I noticed one toothbrush was missing, So searched the bathroom for the mssing one. I thought the extra one popped out and fell out of the box.I then noticed the little baggie that the brush heads came in was opened, I thought uh oh this box was opened, I inspected the box to see if it had been opened and I couldn't tell. So I boxed it up, got my reciept and took it back to Costco hoping they would allow my return.  Well, the lady at the counter never blinked when I told her the story and she showed me on the top of box where it had been resealed,  She said this happens all the time.  She said the thieves only take one toothbrush so the box still has some weight and they seal it up and return it. Costco doesn't realize something is missing and the box looks unopened so they put it back on the shelf.  

Good grief! All this over a toothbrush...smh... I told my dentist the story and he just shook his head also.  All this for clean teeth!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Funny toothbrush story at Costco

Well at least the shoplifter has clean teeth.. :-)

Respected Contributor

@Franklinbell   Hopefully, the box that you returned will not inadvertently make it back to the shelf for someone else to buy and go through the same thing.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@icezeus @lol!

Respected Contributor

Sad really. People are jerks 

Honored Contributor

It's not the same country I grew up in.  The saddest part is that nothing is done to stop it either and we just pay for all of it.

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

Sad really. People are jerks 

They may be jerks but they are clever jerks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sad to say. If you worked in retail, the stories you could tell.

That is why after working together over 25 years ago, I still get together on a regular basis with the people that I worked with in retail. The stories we tell. And we also get together with others that worked in different stores. 

I think that is a big reason we have such a bond.

PS - I bet if you looked someone is selling Phillips toothbrushes on Ebay or a similar site.

Esteemed Contributor

I never take the most available product off the pallet for that reason. I usually reach in the back or go down a couple of layers. 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty I never take the first or even second itme on a shelf usually. I will take at least the 3rd. Of course I move 1 and 2 to do this but then put them right back.

Costco is famous for their excellent return policy.

Years ago I bought a 2 pack of pillows that seemed okay but when I slept on them once, they were way too soft.

I stuffed them back in the package and took them to Costco with the receipt and they refunded my money immediately.