Respected Contributor

Re: Funny?????? or not......

That is one bright little boy. A future President maybe.----That said---he doesn't get cupcake from me.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/16/2014 cody said:
On 3/16/2014 sunala said:

The mother is Linda Beltran, and you can find her on Facebook.

Here is an explanation as to why Mateo (Matthew) uses Linda's first name.

http://www.rightthisminute.com/video/cupcakes-bring-out-adult-matthew?=rtmsoc

Personally I think this is hysterical, but he's not my kid {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

You said EXACTLY what I was thinking while watching this video! The drama, the facial expression, the hands on his hips. When he calls her Linda Honey...I couldn't help but laugh. It sounds like he may be copying his father's way of having a debate with "Linda". {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

That is what I was thinking, he is a riot, very mature for his age, probably imitating his father.

Respected Contributor

I also surmised as soon as I started watching that Mateo was probably doing a very good job of imitating his dad making an earnest plea for his case. Quite an accomplishment for a 3 year old.

I thought it was funny and a better alternative than foot-stomping, screaming and breath holding. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

On 3/16/2014 cody said:
On 3/16/2014 sunala said:

The mother is Linda Beltran, and you can find her on Facebook.

Here is an explanation as to why Mateo (Matthew) uses Linda's first name.

http://www.rightthisminute.com/video/cupcakes-bring-out-adult-matthew?=rtmsoc

Personally I think this is hysterical, but he's not my kid {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

You said EXACTLY what I was thinking while watching this video! The drama, the facial expression, the hands on his hips. When he calls her Linda Honey...I couldn't help but laugh. It sounds like he may be copying his father's way of having a debate with "Linda". {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

This is what I thought when I saw the video. He is very good at imitating someone, maybe dad or the main male in the house. He is funny because he doesn't get upset, cry, scream, and throw a tantrum. Rather than chastise his behavior, a smart parent might figure how to channel that persuasive passion of his to his benefit. While we as parents see disobedience and argumentativeness here, it is very telling of his personality and there is merit to be found there.

Esteemed Contributor

Lots of people online passed that video around and think its funny. I think the kid is NOT funny and I don't think Linda aka Mom is great either. He probably takes after her, IE a control freak boss. I was a fun mom still am a fun grandmother. If the kids wanted a cupcake big deal. They still ate dinner. Another words my kids knew right from wrong -I didn't act like a bossy witch to make them know right from wrong. I taught them by being a good person myself. And junk food or not my kids and grandkids are all in shape, IE theyre active. IMO this kid is taking after his MOM =annoying!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

I saw it when Ellen first aired it....laughed through the entire thing...and watched this link and laughed through it again....the kid is adorable....and thank you for the link as to why the mom lets him call her Linda...a good idea by the way....

The video is hysterical...love it...

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/16/2014 RoughDraft said:

I also surmised as soon as I started watching that Mateo was probably doing a very good job of imitating his dad making an earnest plea for his case. Quite an accomplishment for a 3 year old.

I thought it was funny and a better alternative than foot-stomping, screaming and breath holding. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I agree with you ....I worked in a supermarket....and you should hear how some kids act up....from all that you said up to and including hitting their parent...spitting at them....pinching...throwing things....and the list goes on...I was amazed at what some kids got away with....I'll take "Linda Honey"...Mateo....any day...

Respected Contributor

He has a future in show business.