Super Contributor

Funny memories of QVC or HSN

Mary Beth Roe sold me a thong. Thus was about 2005. She said try it. No panty line. HSN would only show a hand with a ring on it or bracelet not the live person. You had to call in at that moment to get the item or the two previous items. I think you could order by item #. A lap top in 1995 was $1,000. Now it for infinitely more and it's a few hundred.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Funny memories of QVC or HSN

OMG!  I have been reading Kathy Levine's Facebook page and it reminded me of so much back in the day.  Especially like when they did the Gold Rush and everyone had to dress up like they were in 1890 and sit on a hay bale.  I can think of a dozen others....

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

Bob Bowersox getting prank called on In the Kitchmen while selling a lid lifter can opener.  Recently saw thr footage on youtube and remembered the call live.

Trusted Contributor

I remember laughing out loud during a spontaneous and funny carol singing presentation on Christmas Eve with David and, I think, Jane. It was lively and very funny. LIVE TV at its best.

I think the hosts "got the memo" after that show. It was a hoot!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Remember Nesco rep, Virginia Olson.?  She used to cook up a bazzillion items, omg.  Usually she was on with Steve Bryant.  And he was always starved.  I think the hosts and crew lived for Virginia's visits.   One time she made display cobblers with fake whip cream for show..... and Steve ate it.  This look came over his face.  They had to cut the show.  Then they came back and went on.  Later they said her "display whip cream "was beaten granulated SOAP   lol  Steve had taken a huge bite, swallowed and put another bite in when it hit him

Lol   Virginia sais she tried to warn him, but it went so quick.  Lol  Steve's face was priceless.   I think the after taste lingered the whole show

Honored Contributor

Back in 1989,and early 1990 Qvc was new, and in its hay day.  So many celebrity jewelry products were coming out.  One was Joan Collins   Lol!   oh my Gosh...talk about clueless.  She could be caught staring into mirrors and cameras.fixing her hair on air, adjusting her skirt.  It was like she was there by herself and forgot there was a huge TV audience.  Lol.  She was on air with "thanks for the Jeffrey"  Jeffrey  one evening.    I guess qvc had a product counter visible to hosts.  Each sale was shown to hosts.andvendors.  During the sale of one popular bracelet, the camera swung to the product to get close up.  from off camera she broke out yelling, "look we sold 8,000  look we are selling a lot"  lol.  .  You could hear Jeffrey saying, "Joan, please the mic is hot,it  is on.   She kept talking., then you could hear her say, "how much money did we make"   It was so embarrassing.   Then the set went silent and the , "taking a break"  came on screen.   All this happened in a time frame of about 45 seconds   They came back and went on like nothing happened.  

Honored Contributor

You could not order from Q or HSN unless you had a membership #.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

We had Tootie on HSN and Q Bird on QVC. You had to order when the item was on air. There was a time when they both, had innovative products and some nice style clothes. I remember when I could afford to buy 2 shirts etc. because the prices were not bad. Now, the prices are high. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last, but not least was the Morgan Fairchild jewelry hour...which Jeffrey hosted.  For those of you who don't go back that far Jeff was a handsome, very vain host.  Not a hair out of place, dressed very GQ.  He was handsome, and he had a HUGE following.   Callers would always gush to him about how they loved him.   One night  during the Morgan Fairchild show a viewer called in and was yapping away about how much she loved The  Morgan jewelry line, and how much she loved Jeffrey.  Then I swear to God, she said.,." Jeffrey can I tell you something?  I have been wanting to say this"  Jeffrey smiled and said, "go ahead." ..then she said, "Jeffrey I could just jump on your bones, you turn me on"   They either cut her off at this point or she hung up, don't know.   
omg, I was so embarrassed I sort of turned away for a second ,all I remember was Morgan was covering her mouth, shocked and sort of laughing.  Jeffrey was red and said in a joking manner. I think it's time for a break.   Cut to that BE BACK IN A MINUTE sign they used to have.

Esteemed Contributor

Mike Rowe

https://youtu.be/vE-IPRlUhGg

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org