Honored Contributor

I purchased one of these beach balls back in the 70’s.  Mine was an orange paisley print.

i blew it up by mouth all by myself and my sister and I started to bounce it back and forth to each other for maybe a minute.  Then the wind picked it up.

We both ran down the beach at Cape May, NJ chasing it.  I can attest that the Amazon review is spot on.  The ball knocked down people, umbrellas and chairs while it flew down the beach kicking up sand everywhere.

When we finally caught up with it, we had to let the air out and drag it back to our spot.  I was so embarrassed, everyone was giving us dirty looks while they were cleaning up their spot on the sand.

Actually, this is not a toy.  It is a weapon and should not be allowed on a public beach.  It really could hurt someone.

Honored Contributor

Re: Funny amazon reviews

[ Edited ]

If you enjoy this kind of thing read the reviews for the banana slicer.  They are hilarious!

Honored Contributor

Some that I have read are rolling on the floor laughing hilarious.

Respected Contributor

There are a whole bunch of Swiss Army knifes on Amazon and the reviews and questions and answers are just hilarious.

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000299 EndHTML:000066217 StartFragment:000065939 EndFragment:000066125 StartSelection:000065939 EndSelection:000066125 SourceURL:https://www.amazon.com/Wenger-16999-Swiss-Knife-Giant/dp/B001DZTJRQ/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=15185351... Wenger 16999 Swiss Army Knife Giant - Most Expensive Item On Amazon - Amazon.com

This one actually weighs over 7 lbs.
Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach  This is so funny.  Thanks for the laugh.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH and I just read the reviews about the gummy bears. We laughed until tears were rolling down our faces!! Absolutely hilarious!

Actually, it reminded us of a real-life situation we had one Easter morning. One of my daughters and her two little ones were visiting. The children were passing around candy from their baskets. We were all eating some little mint candies. Little did we know that they were sugarless. Off to church we went.

We were all in one row about the center of church when the GI distress hit. OMG! I knew that I couldn't get up, because I was just about bent in half from the pain...and yes, perspiration was poring off my forehead. DH got up and ran out of the church. I guess he felt that it was every man for himself. The three year old yelled really loud, "Mommy, I've gotta go potty really bad"...just as he passed a noisy gust of gas and was jumping up and down. We knew we had to get out of there, so we started up the aisle. I pretended I couldn't stand up straight as I was holding the two year old's hand. Half way to the back, the three year old started filling his pants. Thank God he had pants on! My daughter picked him up and ran the rest of the way to the bathroom. I made it to the bathroom with about a half a second to spare. We never intentionally bought those mints (or any sugar-free candy) again. Woman Embarassed

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@Yardlie  

As a special treat, I brought a couple of sugar free chocolate bars to my diabetic MIL while she was in the nursing home. They are really delicious, smooth and creamy. Apparently, she was eating all of the bars as soon as I left to go home.

i took four bars each time I visited until the nurses figured out the problem and asked me to never bring those in again..ever.

Not all sugarless candy will cause problems, only those made with Sorbitol or Mannitol.  Those cool mint candies ( feel cold on your tongue) all cause problems. 

I still eat the chocolate made with Mannitol, but only a very small piece at a time.

Your poor family.  What a memorable Easter.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

@Yardlie  

As a special treat, I brought a couple of sugar free chocolate bars to my diabetic MIL while she was in the nursing home. They are really delicious, smooth and creamy. Apparently, she was eating all of the bars as soon as I left to go home.

i took four bars each time I visited until the nurses figured out the problem and asked me to never bring those in again..ever.

Not all sugarless candy will cause problems, only those made with Sorbitol or Mannitol.  Those cool mint candies ( feel cold on your tongue) all cause problems. 

I still eat the chocolate made with Mannitol, but only a very small piece at a time.

Your poor family.  What a memorable Easter.

@Carmie ...LOL!  Imagine what those poor nurses might have had to clean up! Watch the xylitol, erythritol, malitol, and lactitol, also. They are always coming out with new sugar alcohols.They are murder on the GI tract!

I recently accidentally purchased a bag of sugar free Winter Green lifesavers. I thought I was getting regular life savers. It took about 3 pieces for me to realize what was causing the cramps in my stomach!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach I would like to have seen a YouTube video. That would be hilarious. They could make a horror B-movie and call it Attack Of The Killer Beach Ball. Smiley LOL

Valued Contributor

tthanks for posting

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley LOL