Trusted Contributor

Re: Funny/Cute Question on Twitter Today

green stamps and then looking at the catalog trying to pick out what to get.

Honored Contributor

Silver dollars and fifty cent coins.

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Without revealing your actual age, what's something you remember that if you told a younger person they wouldn't understand?

For me, it would be the ceramic water bottle my mom had for sprinkling clothes with water before steam irons were invented . . . Iron emoticon

How about you?  Smiley Happy

My answer is more relative to a person older than me.  I clearly remember commenting to my mom that I wonder what Grandpa would think if you told him one day envelopes would come with instructions on how to open them.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

My mother hanging clothes on a clothesline.

Respected Contributor

Our family doctor would make house calls even after office hours and on the weekends. Our neighborhood walk-in movie theater upstairs had a cry/quiet room. You could take your baby with you and go into that room. You wouldn't bother anybody if your baby or child cried. It was all glass and you could see and hear the movie. Plus with paid admission you saw two movies and could stay and watch them for free again.
Esteemed Contributor

My mom collected S&H green stamps.

My older brother and sisters had 8 track tapes/recorders.

Respected Contributor

My neighbor had a TV with a round screen

Roll up car windows

17 cent/gallon gas (gas wars of the 60's)

Transistor radios

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

My first transistor radio was about 4" by 8" and to really hear them well you had to hold them up to your ear.  My dad's business sold them and I was one of the first to have one.  I still have it and showed it to a couple of 23 year olds who asked where the screen was!

Honored Contributor

my mom used an old soda bottle, she had one of those dime a dozen sprinkle top that you could find anywhere way back when. She sprinkled all her clothes . She would iron everything including underwear.

The rotary phones weighed a ton. drop one of those phones on foot it broke the foot and the phone would be OK. It also had a fabric cord that connected the handset to the phone. those cords would get all curled up and become so snarled you could barely use the hand set to talk on the phone.

Stores closed on sunday. when i was a youngin' all stores were closed including grocery stores, except for 1 pharmacy for emergency subscription pick up. If the pharmacy didn't have what you needed badly on Sunday you had to wait till monday to pick up what ever you needed.

Stores closing on Good Friday. The whole town closed shop from 12 noon to 330pm every Good Friday.

Respected Contributor

pant stretchers to decrease ironing and have a sharp crease:

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.