Respected Contributor

Re: Funny/Cute Question on Twitter Today

I remember when Mom learned to drive. And then she taught Grandma!  Such liberated women! 😉

Wearing good shoes to school, good shoes cost more than sneakers, polishing your good shoes Saturday night to wear to church on Sunday.

Super Contributor

Wearing red "rubbers" over your shoes in the rain.  Oh, how I hated those!

Super Contributor

@summerwind wrote:

Wearing red "rubbers" over your shoes in the rain.  Oh, how I hated those!

My husband and I mentioned "rubbers" just the other day when our 24 year old son was over.  The look from him was too funny, having no idea we were talking about shoe coverings.....had to explain that one 😂

Also have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread!  I remember almost all things mentioned!

Trusted Contributor

Mimeograph machines and the way the paper smelled after it was printed on the machine.

My mother being a secratary and taking shorthand.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Respected Contributor

How about your gym clothes. Embroidering your last name above the pocket on the blouse and down the side of the shorts. Having to wash and dry and then ironing them. Making your gym bag to carry them in. We made ours in Homemaking class. Drive-In movies and on Thursday nights it was 75 cents a car load. So so fun. Sports night on Friday nights in you local high school gym. You had to wear tennis shoes. Dancing and playing your favorite 45. Ahhhh Fabian, Ricky Nelson!!!
Frequent Contributor

I told my niece that she should not be allowed to have a calculator in math class.  She looked at me like I was crazy and said "uh, how are we supposed to get our work done??!!"   The horror of having to use our brains.  I remember when we had to count back change. Oh no! !

It's the little things.