Trusted Contributor

Funniest Joan Rivers moments on QVC - what do you remember?

I figured in honor of Joan whom we hope will make a full recovery, let's remember some of the funny presentations she's done on QVC.

I remember when she was presenting with Dennis Basso and a woman called to say her mother had passed and she inherited all her Joan jewelry and Dennis Basso coats. Well, Dennis was going a mile a minute and at the end of the presentation waved at the camera and said "Hi to mom!". Joan tapped Dennis and looked skyward and said something about he should wave up there because "mom" had passed. It was so funny.

Do any of you remember any of the more funny things Joan said or did during her many many QVC presentations? Please share here

Trusted Contributor

Re: Funniest Joan Rivers moments on QVC - what do you remember?

What about how Joan referred to the fleshy upper part of her arm as ""Hadassah arms""? lol

Honored Contributor

Her and Basso were hilarious together!

Trusted Contributor

All her shows with host Kathy Levine - I cannot recall any particulars (senior memory!), but Kathy (& I) would be crying we were laughing so hard. I also had the pleasure of talking to her on the air twice re: jewelry purchases, & saw her perform once in town - I was too shy to meet her afterwards, now I know she would have been only too glad to do this, darn it! I am so hoping she recovers when she is removed from the coma. She has a lot of fight left in her - & I can only imagine what comedic material she will have for us!

Respected Contributor

This was a long time ago, but I was watching once when Kathy Levine and Joan Rivers were beginning a show close together in the QVC "demonstrate-the-Northern-Nights" bed. (I think that had been the prior show.) They were cracking up, but the camera cut away at light speed and the next scene was on the _jewelry_ set for _their_ show. It was a funny moment.

I remember some funny moments with Rick Domeier as well.

I very much hope that Joan R makes a full recovery. I've always liked her; I even liked her reality show.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't remember any particular one, but her and Kathy Levine were a hoot together. Watched not to buy anything, but the comedy.

I still am crying about Robin Williams, not now Joan, come on back, the world is not ready for you to go yet.

Respected Contributor

She always cracked me up, whether on the Q or when she appeared on Johnny Carson. Of course, I was just a toddler then! LOL!

Respected Contributor

I was not an avid watcher of Kathy and Joan but landed on the station one day when channel surfing and Joan called Kathy the b word because she said that her jewelry piece that she was selling looked like a piece of gum. Joan said, oh no it does not and then called her the b word. There was no background haha's and a very delayed haha from Kathy Levine.

On another occasion, there was a very beautiful model wearing a long necklace for Joan and she called her a tramp. Again, no background haha's and that particular model took offense and quit. Joke or not she did not like being called that word. Joan then went to great lengths while still on air to say that she's a comedienne, yadayadayada. The model wasn't buying it and never came back.

Respected Contributor

Most of the shows with Kathy Levine were very entertaining. Those were the good old Q days when they sat there talked, laughed and sold the jewelry.

Praying for Joan and her family to remain strong and that her daughter has the courage to make the right decisions when necessary.

Super Contributor

I don't have a QVC memory but just very impressed that she won Celebrity Apprentice just a couple of years ago. She out-smarted them all.