Respected Contributor

Last night creating the baskets was so much fun.  We picked up great baskets at Goodwill and Michaels.  All the loot I brought filled 5 beauty themed baskets.  One for nails, with OPI polishes, top coat, Quick dry, Polish remover, those new press on nail polish thingys that all the cool kids are using and various other nail items.

One with ALL Beekman Absolute Vanilla products, 3 big bars of the soap, the body cream, facial wipes, hand cream, bath salts and then put Vanilla Werthers candys around the items to jazz it up.  

One with Philosophy Facial 2 piece set, the one with the vitamin C scrub and activating lotion- The big one!  2 Josie Maran body butters, First aid Beauty body lotion set and a Korres body wash and lotion set.  with a Bottle of Victoria Secret Perfume.

One with Color Cosmetics- Too Faced Chocolate bar palette, It cosmetic face disc, It cosmetics mascara, the one that really lengthens lashes, Becca highlight in opal, Bare escentuals faux tan powder for face and brush, Too faced makeup bag that says: Your Like Really Pretty!  And i put Dove chocolates around the items to jazz it up.

And the last was a combo body and facial washes and lotions creams, Beekman, Philosophy, Mine Tan tanner with both the applicaton mitt and the exfoliater mitt and a couple of scrubbers and such.

I am excited and am grateful for the well wishes and ideas.  I love you Ladies here on our boards.  

Honored Contributor

baskets of booze are very popular.

a bottle of wine or vodka, for example......add wine glasses or cocktail glasses, cute cocktail napkins, mixers, maybe a restaurant gift card, gift card to a local movie theater, coasters, wine opener, mixed nuts, crackers, cheese, etc.....

it is fun putting together gift baskets or boxes.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Please let us know how the raffle goes. Hope it goes well.

You made me remember. A neighbor had a race and raffle for their daughter who had leukemia. So my husband bought a bunch of tickets and put several tickets in each basket. WELL, he won the Estee Lauder beauty products. He came home with a huge basket of about 50 Estee Lauder beauty products. 

He didn't make that mistake again - he was more selective about which bucket he put tickets.

Honored Contributor

My job does the raffles off big gift baskets to raise money for holiday charities.  To be honest, I am a little put off by the idea of filling it with stuff someone already has in their house.  "I don't like this,I'll stick it in the gift basket".   "I'll never use that, I'll stick in the gift basket".  We want people to look at the baskets and really be thrilled with what is inside and to want the basket so much, they'll buy a lot of tickets.  We have themes for the baskets and we have baskets for guys too.  Sometimes a whole unit will make one,  sometimes a couple of people will make one,  sometimes it's just a single person.  They are always wonderful and they put them on display two days before the raffle so people can look at them.  We don't look at the baskets the way you do.  You cannot guarantee that anyone will even like you basket just because you like what's in it.  We might see the value of something but that doesn't mean that anyone else will.  The size of the basket gets attention, the bigger the better.   The beauty of the packaging.  The bows.  What's in it of course.  I've seen $$$ baskets didn't generate as much interest as $ baskets.  It just depends on what people want and what gets their attention.  Also proceeds of the raffle depend on how many tickets are sold!  That's why we put the baskets on display 2 days before,  to generate excitement.  I don't know what "stuff" you are putting in your basket but it it's a lot, you might want to think about making two baskets.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fundraiser Raffle

[ Edited ]

Does a.group or organization need charity status.to have a fundraiser?

Respected Contributor

@Sunnycorle   Your baskets sound wonderful and very generous.  I’m sure they will get some good $$$.  I’ve been to raffles that are tickets drawn, and also, some to the highest bidder.  But the tickets drawn, everyone gets a chance to win, not just donors that can afford to bid the highest.  One other idea....a lottery ticket Basket or frame with  all various denominations (instants or scratch offs). A good friend made one with a poster frame.  It was a big hit and a very big money maker, and many who could not donate an entire basket themselves, pitched in and made it a very nice prize.  All the tickets were in the frame behind glass  so it was easy and everyone wanted to win that.  Let us know how it goes.