Honored Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

You are probably a werewolf. Do you prefer gold jewelery over silver?

@Porcelain 

I am scared to death during the full moon.  Causes me to have nightmares.  😱

LOL. We got another one here. I told you guys this was a problem. Woman Very Happy

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

There are studies out there usually disproving theories of full moons and everything from the mentally ill to crime to women's cycles.

When one hears that the full moon affects anything, one will see it happening because it is believed.  In other words, they fit the behavior to the full moon when the same behavior occurs during othe phases of the moon.

People react to myths and superstitions because they believe them to be true.

There's a word for that description but I can't, for the life of me, think of what that word is! 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Mine were always in sinc with my closest friends. A herd thing. We noticed it and also noticed that it made female family members come into sinc as well. It had more to do with who was nearby than the moon.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

There are studies out there usually disproving theories of full moons and everything from the mentally ill to crime to women's cycles.

When one hears that the full moon affects anything, one will see it happening because it is believed.  In other words, they fit the behavior to the full moon when the same behavior occurs during othe phases of the moon.

There's a word for that description but I can't, for the life of me, think of what that word is! 

@SilleeMee 

Self-fulfilling prophecy?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

As a migraine sufferer, I can tell you that I ALWAYS have a headache on a full moon.  

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Self-fulfilling prophecy?

No, that isn't it. @Anonymous032819 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Confirmation bias?

The long discredited term for the idea of one's brain being sloshed around by the tides and the pull of the moon is lunacy.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Full Moon and Women

[ Edited ]

There are more babies born during a full moon.  Mentally ill patients become more unstable. 

It's also known people can become nervous and jittery during a full moon.  

More people admitted to ER's.

Ocean tides are caused by the combination of motion and gravity among the moon, sun and Earth.  

All have been written about the powerful influence of the moon for years.  Try asking a female doctor.  

Honored Contributor
@jlkz,
16 years on a hospital switchboard, and ABSOLUTELY YES, a full moon brings out the crazies! First weekend of the month was always horrible as well.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SilleeMee   Cognitive bias-there are sub-sets to this theory so you might find exaggerated expectation as one theory.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh