Super Contributor

Im 70 years old and have always been effected by the full moon....sleepless nights, skin isues, irritable....

I mentioned to my Doctor (man)..he didnt snicker but dismissed it....the nurse smiled and said, Doctor Ive had those symptoms  my entire life, she is right...

Small point but I wonder if the nurse was being kind or if anyone else notices changes in yourself..

Respected Contributor

If you can find one, ask a former telephone switchboard operator about the full moon and the noticeable craziness of customers who were impacted by that moon.

They didn't need a calendar to tell them about the stage the moon was in ! ! !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

You are probably a werewolf. Do you prefer gold jewelery over silver?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@ProudMa  My neighbour was a bartender in another life, and he said there is definitely something to it. My two SILs are nurses and worked many years in nursing homes. They are firm believers. I don't think it's just women, it's everyone. My DH doesn't worry about it because I'm always a little off-kilter!  

Honored Contributor

Frequent blackouts and find your clothes shredded on the floor? Missing chickens in the neighborhood?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Old wives tales. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Full Moon and Women

[ Edited ]

@ProudMa 

For all the years I worked in hospitals (Radiology), people swore it was true. Full moon  = people get crazy = ER goes wild! 

Not saying you're crazy, just sharin' Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

When Ihad my periods my cycles were always affected by the moon...now that is not an issue and I do not feel any different because of the moon phases.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are studies out there usually disproving theories of full moons and everything from the mentally ill to crime to women's cycles.

When one hears that the full moon affects anything, one will see it happening because it is believed.  In other words, they fit the behavior to the full moon when the same behavior occurs during other phases of the moon.

People react to myths and superstitions because they believe them to be true.

*spelling edit*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am scared to death during the full moon.  Causes me to have nightmares.  😱 I have to wedge a chair up against my door.

9611F64E-489D-4E68-862F-2A502EAF95FF.gif

00FA4D21-4762-47E8-8F44-F3B61E0A0A71.jpeg

4D0325A2-AB2D-4D7C-AFFF-97AFC6069496.gif