Frequent Contributor

I just tried to send my granddaughter a gift. I wanted to send it to her personaly so she could have fun opening it. I tried to add a new contact to my address list and it wouldn't type her town. I even tried the chat to see if they could help, they could not because it was going through mr. rebate. I finally had to use my daughter as contact so when the package arrives she will tell her it was sent to her from Nanny. Not happy!

Honored Contributor

@luvsshopping.  If you really, really wanted it addressed to her, perhaps you should have foregone Mr. Rebates?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Frustrating

[ Edited ]

@luvsshopping    I wanted to do the same thing a couple of weeks ago.  My DD is already set up as an alternative shipping address.  I wanted to send something to my GrandDD and tried to add her as an alternative address and couldn't.  I wound up just changing the 1st name on DD mailing address to my GrandDD and it went thru with no problem. After the item shipped, I went back in and changed it back to my DD's name.  Problem solvedSmiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

grandma2pkmh - Wish I had thought of that! If it ever happens again, I'll do that. Thank you.

Frequent Contributor

Kachina621 - because I wanted Mr. Rebates and I should have been able to add her to my list.

Honored Contributor

I guess I don't see the big deal. Regardless of who the package is addressed to the intended recipient can still open it since it sounds as though you've advised your daughter of its imminent arrival.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I guess I don't see the big deal. Regardless of who the package is addressed to the intended recipient can still open it since it sounds as though you've advised your daughter of its imminent arrival.

My grands still get so excited when they get a package addressed to them so that may have been the effect the OP wanted to aceive. Depends on the age of the kids.