Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz   I have had a Qcard for probably 30 years, long before there was a Synchrony Bank. The information on my account with the Q was transferred to them and I have no idea what info they have.  It's not a big deal to get the eStatements just more convenient for me. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@Nightowlz   I have had a Qcard for probably 30 years, long before there was a Synchrony Bank. The information on my account with the Q was transferred to them and I have no idea what info they have.  It's not a big deal to get the eStatements just more convenient for me. 

@grandma2pkmh 

I don't know how long I've had a Q card but not that long. It did use to be with another bank.

I prefer eStatments because I don't want that info out there in the mail for someone else to receive.

I had a missing bank statement & wondered which of my neighbors possibly had it plus opened it. I have a neighbor that said if they get any of our mail it will go in the trash. 

I forgot to set up paperless statements when I opened the account which I have now done. I did finally receive my statement. Informed Delivery showed it was coming on this date but it was late due to ice we had.

Only mail I receive in my mailbox is junk.

Honored Contributor

I have only given my ss# over the phone when I have made the call and am sure of who I am talking to (SSA).
In the past, when I have done this, the person helping me was obviously with the agency or perhaps a bank.
As far as an employee of a doctor’s office stealing your information @croemer that same can happen any time any where.

Many years ago, a good friend went shopping at the holidays. She bought two pair of gloves, one for her and one for a present.

The bill arrived and she had been charged for 12 pair!

This could have just been an honest mistake, but the store let her know that an employee had run her cc through all these times (and probably taken 10 pairs for themselves in the process!)

The problem that @croemer had would be much harder to sort out.

Another thought...don’t most entities BEG you to go paperless? This would be my experience.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Banks, doctor's offices, investment firms - they all want social security numbers.  Are you all saying that you don't provide them?  Gosh, am I being naive?  I thought you had to to those kinds of places.

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

Synchrony Bank informed me that they are not set up to send E-Bills with QVC.

They will email a copy of your bill, for you to view,  to an email address. 

They do not send your bill to a bank or credit union; only to you!

I get an E-Bill from them for Amazon but not QVC!

That's what e-billing is.  Having a bill e-mailed to you rather than receiving a paper statement.   Why would you have a bill sent to a bank or credit union?  

Honored Contributor

NO way.

had massive problems setting up an account with them too. 

we purchased a sofa from lazy boys furniture . it was financed thru Synchrony bank. I had the money for the sofa, put down 50% , ordered the sofa, took 3 months for the special ordered sofa to be brought to us. When I went to pay off the sofa set up account with synchrony. it took forever. I had to call mulitple times to get the mess cleared up. Several days of calling. Finally i got everything in place about 2 weeks later and paid them off and remarked to myself, never ever again use Synchrony bank.

sure hope you get all to go together and get things set up.

Esteemed Contributor

With my bank, sending a bill notice directly to the bank to your "Bill Pay" account where you can just key in the amount and click "pay", is an E-bill.

Sending a statement to my email address is statement e-billing from the company.  I never allow a company to take money out of my bank. 

I will send them the amount due with an electronic transfer or check from the bank.  

Wish QVC was on board with this!

Trusted Contributor

I don't get an e-bill, a paper bill, or any sort of reminder my bill is due. Isn't that weird?

I just know the date it is due and I log in, pay it, and I get a e-receipt.

But I don't get any payment reminder. That is really dumb. I don't have the need to call and ask them why. I can see my statement when I log in and pay my bill. But Lord help me when I start to forget dates LOL! No bill reminder.