Trusted Contributor

Frustrated With On-line after Christmas sales

I received an e-mail from Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and Christmas Central, just to name a few, about fantastic after Christmas sales.  60% or more off.  However, when I would click on an interested item to be sent to me, it would either say "Out of Stock", "Out of Stock online" or "Not eligible to be shipped."  Michael's said something about the workers at a store about 40 miles away were too busy helping people in store to complete online orders so out of about fifteen pages of items, I found one item that I could have been shipped to me.

What a waste of my time.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

Re: Frustrated With On-line after Christmas sales

Hi @wismiss Happy New Year!  I only tried to buy liters of shampoo online and it sold out in a day.  Other stuff I liiked at was very picked over.

Any new Fiesta?

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Esteemed Contributor

I noticed the same thing with Bed Bath & Beyond. They draw you in with deceptive advertising !

Esteemed Contributor

I agree......I am still waiting on a package I ordered before Christmas. I decide it is just too much trouble to order something that I don't really need anyway...

Respected Contributor

Once Christmas is over I am done shopping for a bit.  Times have changed.  The older I get the less I need or want.  I am focusing on updating things around here before I retire.  Soon to be.

Honored Contributor

I'm running into a lot of "sold outs", very limited sizes, and items I wouldn't purchase anyway and it is deceptive when they say "up" to 60% off only to find most everything isn't.  The latter is a tactic commonly used.