Honored Contributor

Frozen raspberries sold at Aldi recalled

A recall has been issued for bags of frozen raspberries and mixed berries that were sold at Aldi and Raley's Supermarket due to a possible Hepatitis A contamination.

According to Consumer Reports, the berries were sold in Alabama, California, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, North Carolina, New York, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and West Virginia.

According to the Food and Drug Administration, the recall covers 12 oz. bags of raspberries and 16 oz.bags of mixed berries. All of the bags have expiration dates in summer of 2021.

https://www.wmar2news.com/news/national/frozen-raspberries-sold-at-aldi-recalled-for-potential-hepat...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: Frozen raspberries sold at Aldi recalled

I had 6 new bags of raspberries in my freezer that we threw out. I am not taking back even though they are a few blocks from us. My husband threw them in the garbage.

I have been making a lot of raspberry smoothies for the last three weeks almost every day.

A shame as I never have found such delicious raspberries as Aldi’s.

Thank you @sunshine45 for posting this. I haven’t felt very good for three weeks but I have so many health problems I doubt it is the raspberries.

Thanks again.

Respected Contributor

Wanted to sure thise that shop at Aldis sees this Recall on frozen Raspberries and Berry Medley that @sunshine45  posted.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MKR14 wrote:

I had 6 new bags of raspberries in my freezer that we threw out. I am not taking back even though they are a few blocks from us. My husband threw them in the garbage.

I have been making a lot of raspberry smoothies for the last three weeks almost every day.

A shame as I never have found such delicious raspberries as Aldi’s.

Thank you @sunshine45 for posting this. I haven’t felt very good for three weeks but I have so many health problems I doubt it is the raspberries.

Thanks again.

If they are still in your trash can, check UPC codes. No one has become ill yet but they show as contaminated with Hepatitis A. Symptom of this illness is jaundice. There’s a 15 to 50 day incubation period for Hep A. Here are the codes.

• Season's Choice Raspberries (frozen): 12 ounce bags, "best by" date of June, 10, 2021, August 1,2021 and August 23, 2021. "Product of Chile." UPC Code: 0 41498 12419 9 o Season's Choice Berry Medley (frozen) containing raspberries: 16 ounce bags, "best by" date of July 17, 2021, July 20, 2021 and July 22, 2021. "Product of USA, Chile." UPC Code: 0 41498 31344 9Raley's:
  • Raley's Fresh Frozen Red Raspberries: 12 ounce bags, "best by" date of June 5, 2021 (lot code:20156A04), August 1, 2021 (lot code: 20213A06) "Product of Chile." UPC Code: 46567 00754

ce of purchase for a full refund. Aldi and Raley customers with questions may contact Wawona Frozen Foods at 866-913-0667 or visit the website at www.wawona.com.

Respected Contributor

I would have already eaten the ones with the recalled raspberries so to be and not have the August and September 2021 get recalled later he threw them out.

In a few months I will buy again.

Thanks for the feedback.